Confessions of an Economic Hitman

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/11/09/1526251

John Perkins describes himself as a former economic hit man - a highly paid professional who cheated countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars.

After reading the whole article, Id really like to know more. I am really undecided on how I feel about all this. On one hand, the USA does have it’s self intrest and there is nothing wrong with that. On the other, a lot of this stuff is sneaky and underhanded. Some things may go just to far. How far is OK and how far is over the line?

It does answer a question I have had for a long time. Who is paying the national debt? It seems that the rest of the world is which is why 8 trillion dollars isn’t sucking the american economy into a black pit from which there is no escape.

i have read most of the book… it is worth the read but anyone with even a minor exposure to economics and globalization will not be shocked by it. Does make all of it more personal and real while at times, i felt, trying to put some james bond type embellishment in.

interested in deficits? the book goes into Saudi petrodollars… All i can say about that is historians will devote entire lives just to the economics of our empire. we are living in historic times and few people appreciate it. btw i bought the book in an Army PX? somebody had to have fucked up :)