Conflict at the top of Paradox Interactive

That’s too bad, Groogy has seemed to me to be one of their better designers. Looks like he’s going to be a lead designer at Ubisoft Stockholm.

It’s a worrying sign when experienced devs leave voluntarily like this.

It can be, but this sounds like a step up / promotion of sorts so it might just be that. And wanting a change in scenery after a decade, perhaps.

Experienced devs leave voluntarily all the time, especially in the gaming industry.

When Wiz leaves it’s all over

LinkedIn says there’s at least one CEO in the world named Ethel Easter. I think she should succeed Fred Wester.

A new direction for the company.

In the absence of likes…

This isn’t the ideal forum thread for this, but Andreas Waldeftoft just announced he was leaving Paradox.

https://twitter.com/composerandreas/status/1714287168900972545

1/2. It has come the time to tell you that my 10+ years as the inhouse music composer at Paradox is coming to an end.
I will cherish my time at Paradox, but it is time to open up to be able to make music for other companies as well.

He’s a great composer and I love his music. If I could ever make a film about Don Quixote (and it looks great in my head!) he would be the first one I’d call ;).

Maybe I’m misremembering, but I seem to recall the past few game releases being disappointed to see other people had done the music instead of Andreas and it made me wonder if he was stepping back, either taking on more management/direction roles or something else. So whether I was totally off base or not, this didn’t come as a big surprise to me.

Wish the guy the best. I really like a lot of his tunes and he was great to interact with on Twitter on the very few occasions I exchanged messages with him.

Can you share what the second message is? I don’t have the X so I no longer can see things like that.

I’m a little disappointed because I’ve generally been able to leave the music on(turned down a bit) in Paradox games without them getting annoying*.

*Falalalan excepted, but that wasn’t Mr Waldeftoft

Falalalan’s a classic, dammit. :)

It’s also now stuck in my head…

That’s funny.

I can’t remember the last time there were so many releases coming in quick succession. For me personally it has been quite effective, in the sense that alot of my attention is on paradox lately. Ive been playing a bunch of HoI4, and I really want to get back into EU4, CK3, and Vic3 next!