Congratulations on EW, Erik

You have a happy talent for composition. I’m glad to see you’re one step closer to your well-deserved millions.

Yay! Now where’s our fucking OMM, you lazy bastards!

Thanks. Though if you like anything you read in one of the EW reviews, there’s about a 50% chance it was actually written by an EW editor. The upside is that if you don’t like something, I probably didn’t write that too. Either they’re this editorially heavy-handed with everyone including Owen Gleiberman, or I suck. At this rate, there’s a good chance I’ll be fired soon. First they came for Farscape, etc. They’re a very nice bunch of people, though.

The conversion from the old, windows-only OMM to the new Linux/php OMM is honest to God almost done. I swear to Christ that’s the truth.

This from the guy who got me killed fifty times in BF1942 last night after I read his claim that you can ride on the wings of airplanes.

(Note: I would misspell something, but I don’t want that grammar cop from the Iraq War thread coming down on my ass and making me feel like an idiet.)

I’ve already congratulated Erik on EW. But in the spirit of the thread, I’ll do it again. Congrats Erik!
But I have a problem with that BF1942 strategy guide. Maybe dissing Medics was Chet’s big idea and contribution to the peice but it’s wrong, wrong, wrong! Medics are the best way to survive in Berlin’s infantry battles, I’ve found. Especially in Capture the Flag. Turn self-heal on, run into the meat grinder while pressing the Heal button, grab flag, and repeat.

It really works!

What’s this EW that you’re talking about?

EW?

Erik Weekly

Electronic Warfare.

Erik already had six points of ECM up, but then weaseled for the additional shift. That, on top of his natural Orion ECM bonus, made four overloaded photons go bye-bye very easily.

/geek

Maybe dissing Medics was Chet’s big idea and contribution to the peice but it’s wrong, wrong, wrong! Medics are the best way to survive in Berlin’s infantry battles, I’ve found.

I stand by our statement that medics stink. The heal cabinets and supply trucks are too numerous and the penalty for dying too small to make the medic’s healing ability worth being saddled with the medic’s crappy gun. And I should know since I wrote a strategy guide.

EW=Entertainment Weekly

Did you write a video game piece or something else?

Bub, did you read the article?

I’ve found. Especially in Capture the Flag.

Reread the first few paragraphs, we give insight into how to handle all the classes in CTF. That hint supercedes all other tips for CTF.

Chet

Did you write a video game piece or something else?

Just game reviews.

Oh, cool. Congrats.

I’ve already congratulated Erik on EW. But in the spirit of the thread, I’ll do it again. Congrats Erik!
But I have a problem with that BF1942 strategy guide. Maybe dissing Medics was Chet’s big idea and contribution to the peice but it’s wrong, wrong, wrong! Medics are the best way to survive in Berlin’s infantry battles, I’ve found. Especially in Capture the Flag. Turn self-heal on, run into the meat grinder while pressing the Heal button, grab flag, and repeat.

I agree with Erik/Chet. Medics have a problem. Their healing ability should be automatic for any nearby soldiers-- sort of like an area effect, divided by the number of people being healed.

-wumpus

Chet is right, I only skimmed the article while in the bathroom.

What’s the URL ?

http://www.buyoneatanysupermarketcheckoutlinejackass.com

Here it is. You can see the writing was slightly edited.

Not in Australia moron.