Conservapedia!

So, there’s a new wiki that does away with all those unpleasant liberal biases and so called facts and will help bring together
[URL=“http://www.conservapedia.com/”] the sum total of modern conservative thought!

Remember everyone: “You will much prefer using Conservapedia compared to Wikipedia if you want concise answers free of “political correctness”.”

To understand how useful a resource this will be for you conservative types here’s some text from the entry on unicorns:

The existence of unicorns is controversial. Secular opinion is that they are mythical. However, they are referred to in the Bible nine times,[1] which provides an unimpeachable de facto argument for their once having been in existence.

Post-Noachian references[1] to unicorns have led some researchers to argue that unicorns are still alive today. At the very least, it is likely that they were taken aboard the Ark prior to the Great Flood.

I do think I’m already beginning to get a clearer understanding of the underpinnings of the modern conservative viewpoint…

I am not sure if I should laugh or cry at this point.

I laugh at the ig-nance.

Apparently Conservapedia was started by a group of homeschoolers who made their 12-14 year olds type up everything in their textbooks. Then their parents started adding to it. Then we damn liberals found it.

Let’s get definitive.

Good to know!

Just more proof that homeschoolers are evil pod people.

That is knowledge sir!

Everyone knows the basic conservative tenant:
If the facts don’t support your opinion the facts must be wrong!

This word you keep using, I don’t think it means what you think it means. Since free thought and the desire to embrace those different than yourselves is at the heart of modern liberalism, I didn’t think you’d want to keep making such mistakes that may possibly offend those you did not intend.

Oh yeah! I remember the fiscal conservatives. Last I heard they sold out their beliefs, climbed into bed with a bunch of religious zealots and were never heard from again.

Too bad, considering that we actually had a budget surplus once upon a time.

Associating the Conservapedia with conservatism is kind of like associating the Voluntary Human Extinction movement with environmentalism…

Yes, but evil leftists engineered that and it had to be undone! For the good of the unborn chilluns!

Holy crap, that makes my head hurt.

In what crappy internet do home schooled kids only have access to Wikipedia and no other websites with information?

Snarf…

That would be hilarious if it was satire.

Uh, Denny, did you happen to notice the blogger’s pen name?

also: I declare a contest for Best Conservapedia Entry. Make one up and post the link here. Save a screenshot just in case :)

Ah, how embarrassing.

I get a couple of conservative missives from my uncle each week that aren’t far off from “Swift’s” blog, so I was conditioned to fall for it. (And those “missives” aren’t just a blog – they’re published in the Rutherford Reader…)

It doesn’t seem that much more radical than Fox News…

Oh good lord. He thinks Monty Python is a person.

This may be even more embarrassing than that Fox News Daily Show rip-off.

The Jon Swift blog is excellent, btw. His articles on Michael Ledeen and John Derbyshire are pitch perfect.

This word you keep using, I don’t think it means what you think it means.[/QUOTE]

See, here I thought your target was going to be the word tenant.

Hey Andrew, it’s tenet.