Conservative AL w/ GOP Gov. legislates raise of cap on Beer's alcohol content

My nerdiness knows no end. :( I was going to say Zima at first but then remembered they stopped production. I actually went to Wikipedia for this.

SIGH

What does that have to do with what I said?

What does it have to do with preferring that government turn a blind eye to its citizens’ private lives?

Who knows!

That’s not a preference, that’s being luddite. We are technologically moving past the point where it’s feasible to tell govt to act in the dark. Once upon a time, when govt had to go out of their way to get that kind of info about a person, it was quite reasonable to forbid govt to go out of their way and do it. Nowadays govt has to close their eyes and plug their ears and chant “la la la” to avoid the kind of insight into people’s daily lives that modern technology easily offers.

It’s getting to the point where telling government to not monitor people is tantamount to telling them not to take advantage of any of the efficiencies of modern technology. It’s just silly.

To take it back to the example that you were originally horrified about, we can easily stop 99%+ of fake IDs with a simple database of IDs and a scanner. Cheap, proven technologies that allow enforcement of the law in a quick and easy manner that is nonintrusive to law abiding citizens. It’s absurd to let privacy concerns on the back end get in the way.

Woohoo! It took a week, but the gaudy 8.5% (It’s a start) refreshments are here!!!

Lies, they’re still bottling it for another 200 years or so.

YeeHaw! Gratz guys.
It’s gotta be fun to be able to go and get Drunk… for alot cheaper :)

Also, easier to just sit around at home and have 2 or 3 instead of only having 2 weak beers in the fridge and thinking, “Well, what good is drinking two beers.”

Full wall o’ new beers now. Never knew there were $20 4-packs of beer in existence. Not complaining. Plenty in all ranges of price and quality. Hooray for wide selection!!!

Get thee some Midas Touch. Or an Imperial Stout. Or some Belgian hotness.

It’s bender time!

Well, was going out on the town for heavy beers, Karaoke, and improper flirting with co-workers, instead home cleaning up tee-tee accident…no, not mine. Good thing I love my 2 precious girls.