Cookie Clicker

I can’t stop making cookies.

I’m currently generating 189 cookies per second, from 5 cursors, 5 grandmas, 3 farms, 1 factory, 1 mine and 1 shipment.

This reminds me a little bit of Candy Box from a few months ago.

I played Cookie Clicker for a few days a couple of weeks ago, and have no intent of opening it up again. It’s mostly a worse version of Candy box ! (which I played for a while, and got to infinite everything).

I was hoping for some sort of Ian Bogost joint, but I guess not…

189 cookies per second? (Hands you a plate of 262, 270 cookies) Gimme a second, I’ll just whip up some more.

Please bitches. Half a billion cookies per second and 40+ trillion in the bank and then we can talk.

Oh god, I can’t believe I just admitted that.

Is this Godus?

some cheats (F12 => console)

Game.cookies *= 100; //multiply your cookies by 100
Game.cookies = 99999;// sets your cookies to 99999
setInterval(function(){$("#bigCookie").click();},1); //autoclicker

theres a achievement for cheating :D

setInterval(function(){Game.ObjectsById[8].buy();},1);// automatically buy a new time machine every milisecond

the everything:
setInterval(function(){
$("#bigCookie").click();
Game.ObjectsById[1].buy();
Game.ObjectsById[2].buy();
Game.ObjectsById[3].buy();
Game.ObjectsById[4].buy();
Game.ObjectsById[5].buy();
Game.ObjectsById[6].buy();
Game.ObjectsById[7].buy();
Game.ObjectsById[8].buy();
Game.cookies *= 10;
},1);//

My son introduced this to me a few days ago. We’re no longer on speaking terms.

I played both, and unless they modified it, they are only superficially similar. Candy Box starts like it’s simply a game about watching numbers go up, as if it is Cookie Clicker, but then keeps you guessing by expanding the scope of the game in strange directions. Cookie Clicker is exactly what it looks like all the way through.

If anyone is looking for a game like Candy Box, I highly highly recommend http://adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com/ . Very interesting game that will surprise you.

I did have some fun in Cookie Clicker trying to figure out the best way to increase the rate of gaining cookies, and it has a nice sense of humor, but it’s no Candy Box.

It’s no Candy Box, but it’s still interesting.

I do like the achievement system though, especially as it ties into other things (such as milk quantity and upgrade availability). Candy Box is pretty cool though.

OMG you are a bad person. Must… stoke… fire…

Why oh why did I spend time playing this…

I have to give ortneil credit for remaking the game, I hope that new content will be added as well. This was literally the game that started it all.

• added the final, 20th building

• (currently, no more buildings are planned beyond this one; there are still many more updates to come, but future patches will focus on adding minigames to the existing buildings along with other features!)

• added another tier of upgrades and achievements

• updated flavored milk icons

• added visual cue for shimmering veil

• touched up old Santa sprites

• removed Discord rich presence support (plugin currently broken)

• new heavenly upgrade that lets you trade presents with other players

• Cookie Clicker turns 10 years old this year. Thank you for clicking cookies with us!