Coolest Actor!

I thought the Hoff in Knight Rider and Pierce Brosnan as Remington Steele were cool, back then. I am not sure I want to watch those shows again to make sure they were, though.

Definitely.
hb-slammer

Anselm Elgort.

I don’t know who this is pretending to be Tom Chick – but you blew it with your choice you imposter! That has to be the LEAST coolest actor on this globe!

(he was almost cool in Baby Driver)

Now where were we – yes I recall now – Steve McQueen vs Clint Eastwood.

Just re-watched that for the umpteenth time about a month ago.

Robert Mitchum.

Mitchum, young, being cooler than anyone else on the planet:

Mitchum, older, in his malevolent cool prime:

Mitchum, older still, somehow able to play Phillip Marlowe at age 60:

Mitchum as an elder statesman, still looking cool.

Robert Mitchum is what cool is all about.

Also, Robert Mitchum’s voice. Holy crap.

And one of the coolest things about Bob Mitchum? He married his wife Dorothy in 1940. They were together for 57 years, until Mitchum died in 1997.

Mitch, looking for all the world like Bryan Ferry, doing an extended interview with Dick Cavett:

He was cool right to the very end!

She was pretty cool during her monologue at the end of Unsane. I just might see that Girl With the Dragon Tat 2.

Are we doing current actors? Because we should.

Easily, by a very wide margin, this guy defines as cool as a cucumber.

In character …

Even in current movies where he plays even a comedic role, he STILL comes across as cool as hell Don Draper. I’ll never separate that in my head either.

That series is a must watch, from the historical walkthrough of the 50’s-60s, to the up close and personal dives into sexism, racism, business, advertising, sex, hell … everything. When you first watch you’re stuck with, “wow, perfect casting of that guy.” But then it slowly comes to you, no, Jon Hamm IS that guy. He is both powerfully charismatic, funny, serious, and handsome.

In a word, cool.

Kevin Hart and Jim Carry two most coolest Actors for me :)

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt might, um, break that association.

The quickest way to disabuse yourself of any notion that Jon Hamm is cool is to see Tag.

Also, I pick for coolest actor Sam Worthington. No, wait, Jai Courtney. Can I pick both?

-Tom

Or to have known him working the door at the Blue Note in Columbia Missouri with long floppy hair and have your college girlfriend ask him what’s up on too many occasions. HANDS OFF, HAMM!

Have not seen it.

Seen it.

You guys are just haters. Me and Jon will be hanging out while he scores all of your women. If I’m lucky he will set me up with one.

Oh, I got over Tag. All it took was watching a sadly overlooked political thriller called Beirut. Jon Hamm’s coolness factor restored!

-Tom

If you haven’t heard Hamm on Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me’s “Not My Job” segment, you really ought to. He’s awesome.