Cop Shooting Thread

Tweet with the video. The object he’s holding is the camera drone the police just tossed into his camper.

He was charged with resisting arrest and “communicating threats.”

“Fuck. We’re all fucked.”

Maybe. You’re the police in America, so there’s a decent chance you can sail right past this.

They’re surely going to say they thought he had a gun in his hands, right?

So, they know they fucked up. And yet they were charging this guy with obstructing arrest anyway. Were they trying to play hardball with him, tell him they would drop those charges if he kept his mouth shut or something?

What’s really frustrating for me while watching the video is that these numbnuts have less discipline than young (18-24yr old) Army soldiers executing a breach and search from when I was in Iraq. It’s crazypants how trigger-happy these goons are.

Yeah, if some young army guys can do that in a literal war zone, I think our cops can manage to do better. But there’s never any accountability. It mostly gets ignored and if it does get traction, it’s all just victim blaming from the Thin Blue Line simps.

I wonder if the cops even do any training or emphasizing of fire discipline. They’re immune from criminal liability, so why bother?

A lot of the time, their training promotes the opposite of fire discipline.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2017/02/14/a-day-with-killology-police-trainer-dave-grossman/

Fittingly, the most chilling scene in the movie doesn’t take place on a city street, or at a protest, or during a drug raid. It takes place in a conference room. It’s from a police training conference with Dave Grossman, one of the most prolific police trainers in the country. Grossman’s classes teach officers to be less hesitant to use lethal force, urge them to be willing to do it more quickly and teach them how to adopt the mentality of a warrior. Jeronimo Yanez, the Minnesota police officer who shot and killed Philando Castile in July, had attended one of Grossman’s classes called “The Bulletproof Warrior” (though that particular class was taught by Grossman’s business partner, Jim Glennon).

In the class recorded for “Do Not Resist,” Grossman at one point tells his students that the sex they have after they kill another human being will be the best sex of their lives. The room chuckles. But he’s clearly serious. “Both partners are very invested in some very intense sex,” he says. “There’s not a whole lot of perks that come with this job. You find one, relax and enjoy it.”

Grossman closes the class with a (literal) chest-pounding motivational speech that climaxes with Grossman telling the officers to find an overpass overlooking the city they serve. He urges them to look down on their city and know that they’ve made the world a better place. He then urges them to grip the overpass railing, lean forward and “let your cape blow in the wind.” The room gives him a standing ovation.

Is this the same David Grossman who tried to get all shooter games banned by calling them “murder simulators”?

Isn’t this the same asshole that says video games creates killers?

Apparently yes.

Following his retirement from the Army, Grossman founded the Killology Research Group to give seminars about the physiological and the psychological effects of having to use lethal force for law enforcement officers and soldiers.[1]

Fuck this guy.

The very same! From the article

[Grossman] views the world as almost unrecognizably dangerous: a place where gang members seek to set records for killing cops, where a kid “in every school” is thinking about racking up “a body count.” His latest book, Assassination Generation, insists that violent video games are turning the nation’s youth into mass murderers. The recent wave of “massacres” is just the beginning. (“Please stop calling them mass shootings!”) He smacks the easels: “These [thump ] crimes [thump ] are [thump ] everywhere!” He foresees attacks on school buses and day care centers. “Kindergartners run about point-five miles an hour and get a burst of about 20 yards and then they’re done.” It won’t just happen with guns, but with hammers, axes, hatchets, knives, and swords. His voice jumps an octave: “Hacking and stabbing little kids! You don’t think they’ll attack day cares? It’s already happening in China. When you hear about a day care massacre,” he shouts, “tell them Grossman said it was coming!”

Hmm, was that perhaps Kevin Roberts?

And the police do exactly that.

A really good response imo. Also I suspect it’s gonna be pretty bad when the Chief is basically saying “this is really fucking terrible, don’t burn down the city once you see it.”

Any context?

Guy gets stopped for a traffic violation. Something ensues. He’s beaten to death. The recording shows everything from start to finish and the five officers involved were fired and charged with second-degree murder.

So it’s gonna be bad.

Oh dear lord, I’m not going to want to watch that video. But I feel like I’ll have an obligation to, as a citizen.

That is a good response. A black female Chief of Police - inspiring and I wonder how many glass ceilings she smashed along the way.