Cop Shooting Thread

Protests on Market Street in San Francisco right now stretching a couple blocks. I haven’t heard any reports of violence or anything like that. Hoping it stays that way.

No shooting here LUCKILY. This slipped by while all the Trump madness has been occurring. Very thankful we have brave cops willing to leak horrendous shit like this.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/watch-body-cam-video-from-viral-fw-arrest-posted-to-youtube/393502926

Wow, what a remarkable coincidence they decided to drop charges once this video (and the documents of the cop’s prior incident with a taser at a high school) leaked. It’s just the darndest thing.

You’d think these case by case examples would stop this Blue Matters crap and remind everyone that we need to take this case by case. Sometimes the officers lie. We’ve seen that over and over again. We cannot automatically believe the police officers anymore, no matter who or what color of the person is they arrested.

Most of those folks will never see this.

So what’s your solution? If you are black just prepare to get beat or killed by the police?

I just stated a fact.

And I’m not disagreeing really. What else can we do. It started with asking. Cases have gone to court. Now we have live video footage and no change.

I wish I knew. I mean we know for a fact that things aren’t going to get better nation-wide under Trump.

Well if we’d stop giving cops qualified immunity for everything under the sun it sure would help, but that wont happen.

Granted this is unbelievably snarky of me but sometimes the guy they shoot contributes to it. So just as “sometimes officers lie” so to do sometimes the victims contribute to their own deaths. Maybe both should be treated on a case by case basis.

No, in fact several police forces are requesting that federal limitations on them (I forget the word they use) should be reduced and oversight limited.

I think most of us would agree that each case is different and should be treated as such. I’m 100% for prosecuting both cops and criminals that deserve it. I sure don’t know how to fix it but I think transparency is key. Body cameras and car cameras - always on, unable to be powered down or altered by police. Third party independent custody of footage and investigation into incidents. That’s a good start I think and would protect both innocent civilians and the good police officers out there in the field.

It only comes off snarky because we all know that the chances of being shot seems to increase substantially due to color of your skin. It’s a lot easier to say oh well, case by case, when your next incident with a cop isn’t likely to leave you dead but mine is. There’s something wrong here. Waiting and seeing hasn’t fixed it for decades.

I think you’re referring to consent decrees between the Justice department and the individual police forces.

Yes, consent decrees.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Why not just go with “We shoot first” as a logo? Jesus…

I know I am not up on all my comics, but The Punisher is a vigilante, a murder in the name of justice, not a cop, like a war on crime by committing crimes which is not what the police are supposed to do.

I saw someone point out a more appropriate logo would be Decepticons