Cop Shooting Thread

I am not 100% sure but I think the superior lied or backed up the cops story when it first became known, then when the shit hit the fan he changed his story. Something like that.

Over half of all police killings in 2015 were wrongly classified as not having been the result of interactions with officers, a new Harvard study based on Guardian data has found.

The finding is just the latest to show government databases seriously undercounting the number of people killed by police.

“Right now the data quality is bad and unacceptable,” said lead researcher Justin Feldman. “To effectively address the problem of law enforcement-related deaths, the public needs better data about who is being killed, where, and under what circumstances.”

I’m amazed that this isn’t blowing up based purely on the fact that we have cops admitting they had sex with a prisoner in custody.

Their defense isn’t that they didn’t do it… They’re just saying it was consensual.

I mean, even if consensual, isn’t having sex with a prisoner illegal? Some kind of abuse of authority or something?

It is impossible to have consensual sex with someone in custody if you are their custodian.

But rules no longer apply to the police, so… whatever.

It definitely feels like an abuse of authority. Also, does someone in police custody even have a real ability to deny consent in that circumstance?

I’m fairly sure we’re reaching the point where no one can deny consent to the police in any circumstance.

They’ll walk into a high schools and kidnap kids for sex slavery and get off within the decade.

They didn’t sex her up, she sexed them up. See, totally different.

On the Utah police video linked above, I have a question: what does the autopsy show as to whether the citizen was shot in the front or back? The citizen moves pretty fast and goes out of range of the camera at the last second, and it’s theoretically possible he turned to face the officers. That’s not very likely IMO but the autopsy should be able to confirm where he was shot. If he was shot in the back, then that was murder IMO, based on the video.

Also, the officer alleged that the citizen said “I’ll cut you.” Was the citizen carrying a knife? If he was not, then the allegation that he said “I’ll cut you.” is almost certainly a lie.

That story linked above was really not very strong on some of the key facts.

Feels, eh?

Perhaps “seems” would be a better word choice.

Although given my view about a person in custody not really being able to consent, it’s probably beyond “seems” to “is”.

Also, following up on the Utah police shooting, this Think Progress article has more info including a video from the other officer with a better angle. Based on that video, there’s no sign of a knife in the citizen’s hand and the citizen was definitely running away when he was shot. So that is pretty damn bad. I have to wonder why the autopsy results have not been mentioned in the stories. If the shots were in his back, that’s open and shut against the police IMO.

You’re making an easy civilian mistake. You see, he wasn’t respecting their authority, so they felt threatened and had to kill him.

If you run, you get shot.

If you stay, you get to have consensual* group sex.

*Consent not required

And maybe get shot.

I am lamenting the lack of likes on QT3. That was beautiful, Timex :O.

82 counts

Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

-Nietzsche