Cop Shooting Thread

That’s even too soft a word for it. The sex film industry is completely legal while drunk driving and vehicular assault clearly are not. We’ve lost teachers, cops… anyone in the community, almost always women, for simply being young women in an age where old material is easy to find and distribute.

Cops are part of a less lethal but much bigger gang.

Cops have unions and are part of the old guys network. People in sex films, not so much.

I guess this should go here (maybe it already has).

Police officer in small West Virginia city on domestic violence call confronts guy with unloaded gun trying to do suicide by cop; attempts to de-escalate the situation.

Backup arrives, shoots suspect dead.

First-arriving officer is fired for not doing his job since he didn’t shoot the guy, clearly in an attempt to protect the city from a wrongful death suit.

It is horrible to think that when different officers have different reactions to a situation, the incentives are for the employer to side with the more violent reaction.

I think it was back when it happened and, yeah, it’s pretty fucking horrific.

Also, hopefully, in an attempt to not actually kill someone wrongfully.
Because, you know, that’s wrong.

To be clear, they fired the guy that didn’t shoot anyone. The only reason to do this, that I can think of, is to make it seem like shooting the guy was the right thing to do. Firing a police officer who won’t kill someone for no reason probably increases the chance of another wrongful death in the future.

Ah, I misunderstood what you were saying. But yes, I can see how your suggestion is true, that the firing was done to avoid the lawsuit.

It’s always weird seeing the folks who worship police and soldiers while simultaneously talking about how they need their guns to kill the police and soldiers.

The last conversation I had with my conservative friend included me asking how many guns Obama had confiscated. He hung up.

Police unions are possibly the most evil organizations in the country.

They’re amoral. Their job is to support their members, not to seek truth or justice. For the whole system to work, they’re supposed to be held in check by elected officials, who ultimately determine who runs the police department.

Does he have a tree up his butt in that picture? Or is that his tough guy look?

Mayor Tilman: Fact is, we got two cultures down here: a white culture, and a colored culture. Now, that’s the way it always has been, and that’s the way it always will be.

Anderson: Rest of America don’t see it that way, Mr. Mayor.

Sheriff Ray Stuckey: Rest of America don’t mean jack shit. You in Mississippi now.

They’re hopelessly out of date. What they should do is implement some type of loot crate for friends and family.