Cop Shooting Thread

And functional.

And they continue to wonder why blm continues to matter…hmmm

Oof.5

As a kid in elementary school we would have the same cop come in every year, for about a 1/2 hour, and he would talk bike safety. That picture reminds me of that, except for the words of course.

I just finished reading The Hate U Give, which is about a black teen caught up in a cop shooting of her friend. I know it’s fiction, but it could easily have come from any number of recent headlines. Highly recommended if you haven’t yet come across it.

I’m not really interested in seeing a small animal get obliterated by gunfire. If I watch that video is that what I’ll be seeing?

It’s not very graphic and the framing doesn’t show it explicitly.

But you would see the animal writhing on the ground after being shot, much more in frame than the shot itself. So probably best avoid.

It basically plays out like the cop killing the dog simply because the owner knew and was asserting his rights.

The dog lives (for now). But I found the video graphic

It’s fucked up. If anything, it’s worse than just seeing the dog get its head blown off, because the poor thing is rolling around.

That cop needs to go to jail forever.

You know what the real fucked up part is? The departments initial statement was how they don’t believe the officer broke any laws or regulations.

What the actual fuck?!

The more fucked up part is that they’re probably right.

Isn’t this an attempt to explain why they can’t actually charge him with breaking any laws just yet? Because I’m sure they know people will be demanding it.

Yea, I’m actually pretty ok with it in the context of “well, he might not have broken any laws, but it’s obviously a terrible thing to do so we’re firing him”

Thing is, if it wasn’t filmed he’d have been fine, because this is SOP for police in basically every department anymore.

The cop got fired, and the sheriff’s statement sounds like they’re genuinely looking for a way to prosecute him. So, at least the department appears to be handling it correctly.

Still… what a complete asshole. Hopefully, the video goes viral and Twitter ruins his life. There are times when I cheer on internet mob justice.

He’ll be hired at another department within a few months. Or he’ll join sherif Arapaio doing… whatever it is he’s up to these days.

Well, it is a misdemeanor to injure or kill a dog without the owner’s permission in Arkansas. I’m sure there are exceptions for self-defense, etc, and I haven’t watched the video, but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t a crime.

I’m sure there are also laws about discharging a firearm in play too.

A person commits a misdemeanor if he or she knowingly abandons any animal , subjects any animal to cruel mistreatment, fails to supply an animal in his or her custody with a sufficient quantity of wholesome food and water, fails to provide an animal in his or her custody with adequate shelter, kills or injures any animal belonging to another without legal privilege or consent of the owner, or carries an animal in or upon any motorized vehicle or boat in a cruel or inhumane manner. Aggravated cruelty to a cat, dog, or horse is a Class D felony if the offense involves the torture.

https://www.animallaw.info/statutes/us/arkansas