Cop Shooting Thread

It turns out, guns do kill people!

That was brilliant.

Mistakes were made.

Mistakes happened.

Look, what I’m saying is this was not the most right I have ever been.

Interesting. It’s nice to be able to pin at least some of all this to a particular historical event. Though I can’t quite figure out if the status quo prior to Graham v Connor was any better.

Not sure if this has been covered in this thread, but is it legal for cops to taunt people/provoke violence? I remember watching one of the riots in Ferguson on TV, and one of the cops was basically like, “Come on, come get some. You want a piece of this?”

(By violence I don’t mean property damage or theft.)

A thread of horrific shit.

They sentenced him to firing squad, right?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/what-decades-of-traffic-stop-data-reveals-about-police-bias/ar-BBUi09B?li=BBnbfcL

He said it made him realize “people aren’t making stuff up.” The data showed that African Americans had been stopped twice as often as white drivers, and while they were four times more likely to be searched, they were actually less likely to be issued a ticket. The study also highlighted that whites were more likely to be found with contraband than blacks or Hispanics.

I mean that was the entire point of the War on Drugs imo: “probable cause” to fuck with minorities.

The number of times a cop “smells weed” if they just want to fuck with something approaches one.

True.

Worse than that, it causes a certain at risk population to engage an armed police force more often than necessary which leads to not only unfair jail and prison time but also death since our police have a license to kill for almost any reason.

Hippies too (War on Drugs - there’s a reason cannabis was added to the Controlled Substances Act as a Schedule 1 drug by the Nixon Administration).

If I’m remembering the history correctly, it wasn’t WHITE hippies that were the issue.

That’s not 100% true. White hippies were still subhuman to the Nixon Whitehouse. The Yippies and the Weather Underground were considered treasonous groups.

That scene was hilarious at the same time it was so messed up.

Kinsey’s reaction is amazing… “Did you just SHOOT me?”

Yeah, that was all sorts of fucked up.

It’s not their fault - they were just trying to recreate The Shield! Great show, who can blame them?

Jenkins was sentenced to 25 years in prison for multiple crimes, including drug dealing and robbery, as head of the department’s elite Gun Trace Task Force, a nine-member squad that allegedly spent years robbing citizens, extorting drug dealers and filing false reports, according to the U.S. attorney’s office.

Well, this happened to somebody I know:

It’s surreal knowing she was here a week ago and now she’s gone. Hasn’t really sunk in yet.

Something must change.