COPS - Xbox espisode

Secondly, do you really believe that playing one copied game when you were young makes you a pirate for life? Because you kinda spend the rest of your post saying the opposite.

Don’t be ree-diculous. Of course copying one game doesn’t make you a pirate for life. But a majority of people do not have only one transgression, especially when taking into consideration the various media that is pirated. Furthermore, even people who don’t pirate probably know people who do, on one scale or another. Where is their righteous wrath when they see a friend making copies of someone else’s game/dvd/cd/etc?

What I’m trying to say is that our culture inproperly allows for a level of pirating that is deemed acceptable or, at the very least, not harmful. For example, a person is far more likely to have an argument/discussion with a friend if he or she saw the person steal a CD from a store as opposed to illegally downloading music from a newsgroup.

I’m sure most people turn their backs on dozens of pirating activities in the home or office every year without uttering a whisper. I can’t even recall the number of times I saw the same copy of Photoshop passed around while in college. Not one head rolled. But when some backwater vendor/site does the same thing people are ready for a modern day inquisition. Its a hypocritical situation that most of us are a part of.

I don’t condone pirating, but I don’t do much about it either. I think a majority of people merely pay the subject lip service.