Cord extenders for monitor... printer... sound card input

I want to put my computer on the flor a good deal away from me since it’s creating too much heat and noise. My main problem is I can’t find a monitor cable/mouse cable/printer cables/ that are long enough.

Anyone know of some quality extensions cords for this setup?
Thanks!

Have you thought about trying to fix your heat and noise problems? It’s a good excuse for an upgrade.

Also, how much heat and noise? Do you have the flames of hell belching under your desk?

I’ve got an excellent rig for cooling and noise reduction. It’s just I’ve got so much to it, it generates a LOT of heat. This is my system:

• Directx 9.0c
  • Processor: AMD FX-53
  • Memory: 2 Gig Patriot 3200 (400MHz)
  • Video: ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Cat 5.6
  • Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS (latest non-beta drivers)
  • Motherboard: Asus A8V Deluxe rev 1.2
  • Bios Rev: Version 1007
  • VIA 4-in-1 Version 4.51
  • VIA SATA Raid version 2.20D
  • Memory is PDC2G3200LLK: (2-3-2-5)
  • Pioneer DVD-RW Drive
  • Samsung SATA 120 Gig, 7200 rpm, (Model ST316002 3AS - Drive C)
  • Seagate SATA 160 Gig, 7200 rpm, (Model ST3160023A - Drive D)
  • Seagate ATA-133 160 Gig, 7200 rpm, (Model ST3160023A - Drive E)
  • Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse
  • Sound settings utilizing 5.1 speakers and EAX 3
  • Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Surround System
  • Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2060u - 22”

You’re missing a comma, so I don’t know if you are wanting to put your computer, that’s currently on the floor, a good deal away from you, or if you are wanting to put your computer on the floor, a good deal away from you.

If it’s the latter, I’m going to wave my finger at you and say, “Don’t put your computer on the floor.” It will suck up dust. Put it on top of a cabinet or a shelf or even a couple of stacked apple boxes.

You can buy extra long monitor cables, keyboard cables, and USB hubs (with extra long extension cables) from any online computer parts retailer. Just click the links under “accessories” or “cables”. Example:

You could go so far as to put your computer in a walk-in closet, and run cables under the door, along the wall, and back up to your computer desk.

Just to be an asshole, most of these “See how big my penis is!” components lists that I’ve seen contain OS/DirectX versions, much as jpinard did above. Not picking on you, j, but…

What’s the point of this? “Damn, my system’s pretty close to his, but he’s got 9.0c!” Why do these people (more than just jpinard, not trying to single him out) list the software/firmware upgradeable components like OS, BIOS, drivers, etc?

Because they’re copy/pasting from whatever website they bought the computer from?

Last time I tried to use a monitor extension cable it didnt work worth a shit because of the resolution I was using.

Why would the resolution have anything to do with the cable not working?

it works. you just get a fuzzier picture at the other end, depending on the quality of the cable and your desired screen resolution. For example, the 6-foot VGA cable that came with my LCD monitor does 1600x1200 with crystal clarity, but 1920x1200 goes a bit mushy.

Long VGA cables will result in fuziness.
Long DVI cables will result in the picture just not showing up. I’m not sure what the max recommended length of DVI is – but USB is something like 9 feet.

USB is 5 meters - but you can get a repeater and should be able to serial connect those.

I just copy/paste my specs from a word doc. So no, it’s not a “this is how big my penis is” statemnent. It’s a, see I have a cpu that runs hot, same with vid card, multi-HD’s, hot power supply etc etc.