Cosby

Cosby is pretty much done, prison or not.

So this was all due to win a civil case. I’m not sure how I feel about that, but it’s so hard to prosecute these things criminally, even now.

This seems so, so wrong, but I don’t see how you can have someone agree to something like that and then turn around and prosecute anyway.

This is all so unfortunate. I hate it when society is in position to have to decide between “follow the rules of our justice system” or “let a bad guy go free” because that’s a horrible dilemma. I sympathize with the folks who want to punish the clearly guilty and damn the rules, but I come down on the side of the rules here. We’ve seen enough shit behavior from our police/prosecutors that I believe that the only thing keeping them mildly in check is strict adherence to the rules.

So a rapist gets to go free because some prosecutors made bad decisions in the past. Which is deeply troubling, but I think the lesser of two evils.

Well the upside is that if he ever goes out in public again, people will give him well-deserved crap.

I think the thing that might be hard to swallow is this following the Epstein revelations. Apparently if you’re a rich, famous rapist, some prosecutors will promise not to prosecute you for it.

You’d think, but we elected a guy who bragged about grabbing women by their genitalia and had a couple of dozen women claim he assaulted them.

This is particularly painful.

Perhaps she doesn’t realize this is not saying he is innocent. It’s more like he’s guilty, but they had no right to go after him to begin with.

I don’t believe that’s what she means, especially not with language such as “miscarriage of justice”. But I guess there is no way to know for certain what she is thinking.

The most charitable explanation is a sincere belief in Cosby’s innocence.

Phylicia… no one is going to run Cosby show again in syndication. No more checks are coming. The brand is tainted. I’m sorry.

What I am saying is she might be thinking he’s being released due to something to do with innocence, but the information provided about why he is being released has nothing to do with his innocence. Whether she believes he is innocent or not, well… I mean basically said himself, what he did.

She’s already getting backlash for that.

That’s seems like mistake most 1st year law students wouldn’t make. I hope the prosecutor doesn’t see the inside of courtroom again.

About that…

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1410284439280758785?s=20

Actually, I take it back. I hope Mr. Castro has long and promising career as defense attorney, for the former guy, and his associates. He’ll fit in splendidly with Rudy, and Sidney Powell.

However, as far as representing the people, he shouldn’t be allowed inside the courtroom.

It actually is still being shown on some cable networks.

What network is going to run a show starring a convicted serial rapist? OANN?

I’m joking of course. They’d never run a show with black people.

Networks like METV that show all kinds of old stuff. It is both on cable and over the air in most markets.

The ONE network still shows Cosby. Isn’t that Oprah Winfrey’s network? Or am I mistaken?

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1539378202061201410

During their testimony, Cosby attorney Jennifer Bonjean consistently challenged Huth and Samuelson over errors in detail in their stories, and a similarity in the accounts that the lawyer said represented coordination between the two women.

This included the women saying in pre-trial depositions and police interviews that Samuelson had played Donkey Kong that day, a game not released until six years later.

Bonjean made much of this, in what both sides came to call the “Donkey Kong defense.”

Goldberg asked jurors to look past the small errors in detail that he said were inevitable in stories that were 45 years old, and focus on the major issues behind the allegations. He pointed out to jurors that Samuelson said “games like Donkey Kong” when she first mentioned it in her deposition.

The Cosby lawyer began her closing arguments by saying, “It’s on like Donkey Kong,” and finished by declaring, “game over.”

Alright. You guys are gonna flame the shit out of me for this, but I gotta ask…

What’s a 16-year-old girl doing at the Playboy mansion?

He took her and her friend there, so I guess the question is why does a grown-ass man take a 16-year-old to a Playboy Mansion party?

Cosby’s attorneys agreed that Cosby met Huth and her high school friend on a Southern California film set in April of 1975, then took them to the Playboy Mansion a few days later.