Could someone explain Capcom's reasoning to me?

(The following information is based on EA’s released E3 2005 lineup).

EA Sports:

1 for DS, PSP, GCN, PC (Madden NFL 2006)
3 for PS2 and Xbox (NCAA Football 06, Madden NFL 2006, NASCAR 06)

EA Games:

10 for PS2 and Xbox (Batman Begins, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, BLACK, Burnout Revenge, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, From Russia With Love, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, Medal of Honor European Assault, Need for Speed Most Wanted, The Godfather, The Sims 2)

6 for GCN (Batman Begins, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, From Russia With Love, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, Medal of Honor European Assault, Need for Speed Most Wanted, The Sims 2)

6 for PSP (Burnout Legends, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, Need for Speed Most Wanted, The Godfather, The Sims 2)

5 for NDS (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, Need for Speed Most Wanted, The Sims 2, GoldenEye: Rogue Agent)

4 for PC (Battlefield 2, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Need for Speed Most Wanted, The Godfather, The Sims 2 Nightlife)

3 for GBA (Batman Begins, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Need for Speed Most Wanted, The Sims 2)

2 for Xbox 360 (Need for Speed Most Wanted, The Godfather)

Hardly avoiding.[/quote]

You’re missing a few titles that are coming for XB, PS2, and PSP that aren’t coming for the Nintendo GC or GBA: MVP Baseball 2005 and NBA Live 2006. Let’s add those up and do some comparisons.

XB, PS2: 15, GC: 7. That’s a 2 to 1 ratio.
PSP: 8, GBA 4. Another 2 to 1 ratio.

Also, there are several games coming for XBox 360 not on your list, such as Madden, Tiger Woods, FIFA, NBA Live, Burnout 3 to name a few.

Considering that when this generation began EA was fully behind the Gamecube and GBA and now we see the above, I don’t think you can spin it positively in Nintendo’s favor.

Talk to your local game store that does trade-ins and I think you’ll discover that the DS is plenty available used at this point. GameStop has so many they just dropped the used price even though the new price is that same it’s been since launch. Meanwhile, they can’t keep PSP’s in stock.

I don’t own either system or any system by either company at this point so I don’t think I qualify as a fanboy.

Now is crap like that really necessary? We’re trying to have a discussion here. :roll:

If I recall correctly, though EA Sports announced a number of sports games for Xbox 360, they only announced three games for current consoles.

Where are you finding confirmation of the other titles, including the consoles for which they were announced? I’m not trying to an asshole, since I know that MVP and NBA Live will be released eventually, but I’m curious why you think these games won’t be released on Gamecube when the previous games were.

Well, it seems I counted incorrectly. My post should read 11 for Xbox, and PS2 (what are the four other games?), 7 for Gamecube (which you note), 6 for PSP (what are the other two?), 5 DS games and 4 GBA games. EA stopped agressively supporting the GBA a while back, it is most useful to look at DS support, which is strong in my opinion.

EA fiscal year releases:

Year: PS2, Xbox, GCN, GBA

2003: 19, 16, 16, 7
2004: 24, 21, 16, 10
2005: 27, 26, 20, 7

There have always been a few games that EA didn’t port to Gamecube (mostly sports) but I can’t see it becoming a 2:1 ratio.

I had forgot about these. My mistake.

(The following information is based on EA’s released E3 2005 lineup).

EA Sports:

1 for DS, PSP, GCN, PC (Madden NFL 2006)
3 for PS2 and Xbox (NCAA Football 06, Madden NFL 2006, NASCAR 06)

EA Games:

10 for PS2 and Xbox (Batman Begins, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, BLACK, Burnout Revenge, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, From Russia With Love, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, Medal of Honor European Assault, Need for Speed Most Wanted, The Godfather, The Sims 2)

6 for GCN (Batman Begins, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, From Russia With Love, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, Medal of Honor European Assault, Need for Speed Most Wanted, The Sims 2)

6 for PSP (Burnout Legends, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, Need for Speed Most Wanted, The Godfather, The Sims 2)

5 for NDS (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, Need for Speed Most Wanted, The Sims 2, GoldenEye: Rogue Agent)

4 for PC (Battlefield 2, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Need for Speed Most Wanted, The Godfather, The Sims 2 Nightlife)

3 for GBA (Batman Begins, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Need for Speed Most Wanted, The Sims 2)

2 for Xbox 360 (Need for Speed Most Wanted, The Godfather)

Hardly avoiding.[/quote]

You’re missing a few titles that are coming for XB, PS2, and PSP that aren’t coming for the Nintendo GC or GBA: MVP Baseball 2005 and NBA Live 2006. Let’s add those up and do some comparisons.

XB, PS2: 15, GC: 7. That’s a 2 to 1 ratio.
PSP: 8, GBA 4. Another 2 to 1 ratio.

Also, there are several games coming for XBox 360 not on your list, such as Madden, Tiger Woods, FIFA, NBA Live, Burnout 3 to name a few.

Considering that when this generation began EA was fully behind the Gamecube and GBA and now we see the above, I don’t think you can spin it positively in Nintendo’s favor.[/quote]

I think it’s 7 for psp btw- He forgot battlefield 2

True. What’s the other though?

For one thing, EA only showed three sports games at E3 because they are going to have a separate event this week to show the rest of their sports lineup. Also, SSX On Tour (aka SSX4) is confirmed for PSP.

Thanks for the clarification.

the other what? bf2 makes the list (of 6 games) into a list of 7 games, because 6+1 = 7

They can’t? Every EB, Gamestop, Best Buy, and Toys R Us within driving distance of my house seems to have no trouble.