Covid 19: Key Links and information

You can’t actually get it quite yet, availability will probably start after labor day. So very soon.

Free kits again, Thx Biden.

I keep ordering them, and yet, up until this illness, I kept going to CVS or Walgreens to get a PCR test. But this week I was sick with a persistent cough. I didn’t think it could be Covid, so I cracked open one of the home kits for the first time. Pretty easy to use! They make you download an app to watch a video on how to use it. And then once you’re done watching the videos, you have to tell them whether you tested positive or negative, which they transmit back to home base. Pretty clever.

I’m sitting on a stack of these because, through a combination of caution and dumb luck, I haven’t actually needed any yet. I’m starting to feel bad about taking them and then not using them. I’m wondering if it’s better to order some anyway (to convey interest and encourage more of this kind of thing) or to not order any on the grounds that I don’t really need more.

They do expire so you should order more.

Thank you!

Good point. Will do.

Used one this week, horn still in place. Got a freaky stomach bug though.

If you are unsure if your older covid tests are expired and no good, most of them have had their expriation dates reevaluated and have been extended. Here is a link to the new expiration windows on these older tests:
https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list