Coyote refused service in Quiznos

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070403coyote,1,351721.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

I hate websites that require you register to read their free content.

Can you quote the relevant humorous text, or is this something that’s useless without pictures?

I use FireFox with BugMeNot, so news sites with free registration are only a few clicks worth of annoyance before I can get to the meat.

I’ll even selectively quote it for you!

Coyotes typically are not aggressive toward humans, animal control officials said.

Coyotes typically are not aggressive toward humans, animal control officials said.

What about when humans screw up their orders?

Apparently they wait patiently for the issue to be resolved:

About 1:30 p.m., the coyote walked into the restaurant and plopped down in front of the soda cooler.

If someone has just refilled his damn Mr. Pibb in a timely fashion this could have all been avoided.

I would rather not enable this stupid behavior, but I guess that’s just me. Also, don’t use Firefox.

How is it stupid behavior on the part of the paper? If you don’t live in their market then you’re not worth a dime to them unless they can harvest your soul and sell it to marketers.

Also, DO use Firefox. It’s almost as great as Flipmode.

I don’t know about this case, but I do know that ducks eat for free at Subway.

If you don’t live in their market then you’re not worth a dime to them unless they can harvest your soul and sell it to marketers.

Isn’t that what advertisements and pop-ups/unders and spyware are for?

Sure, but why not have a diverse portfolio of anti-consumer evil?

Wow, that’s the Quiznos I eat at once a week. They let you have a free drink and chips if you bring your receipt in from your last purchase.

You’d think some kind soul could have donated an old receipt to the starving coyote.

Coyotes are pretty much a non-threat, horror stories not withstanding. They’re small, unaggressive, and shy.

What’s odd is that this one was alone and seemingly needed somewhere cool to relax, and wasn’t scared of all the people. Something odd was going on with it, likely it was sick, making it potentially dangerous.

In San Diego we were pretty much surrounded by coyotes, and you just stopped noticing them after a while. They’d kinda wander by in a pack of four or five, giving you a healthy buffer of at least 30-40’ as they went about their merry way hunting rabbits and gophers. Speaking of which, the sound of a rabbit being killed by a pack of coyotes – not one of the more pleasant sounds you’ll hear in your life.

Unless you’re a cat or small dog. True story: The place where my parents live (Brentwood, CA, no not the one in LA) they had an incident where a coyote grabbed a little yapyap dog right off of the leash of the lady who was walking it.

I thought it was a story about the people who ferry illegals across the border.

We used to find cats killed by coyotes strewn across the lawn in front of my house when I was growing up in San Diego. They are really funny in their shyness sometimes. I’ve been in the run up area at a small airport and had them walk right out and sit down next to the plane or sit on the runway blocking traffic.

Dingos ate my Mesquite Chicken!!!

In retaliation, Quisling refused service at Coyote Ugly Saloon.

Yes, that just had to be illustrated.