Crackdown 3 - By whatever means necessary

I have never used the jump pad gadget, it’s pretty superfluous even before you get up to level 4/5 agility. Lots of ways to get high, so to speak.

Yes, do this! Especially when you’re all ‘what the hell are they shooting me with? Why do I keep dying?’. Also, when you see the icon for a grenade station on your HUD (white triangle with a symbol I think?)- you will find new grenade types that way.

EDIT: also, I love that they let you just load out however you want- no ‘pistol/rifle/heavy slot nonsense’- if i just want everything to go boom all the time, that’s how I’ll do it, thanks. That load-out i posted up above was exactly what I had gong last night for a while.

Are you playing on the hardest difficulty from the beginning too? It was tough early on, but it’s gotten much smoother now for me. I can usually free the caged civilians in those little cells in less than 5 minutes now, even though the first one took me almost half an hour to free.

I never put down the homing rocket, it can one shot just about anything. Usually carry a mass driver too, and then I like to have some kind of rifle also. Lately I’ve taken to the Prophecy.

I’m on second-hardest difficulty. I’ll probably start up a new world with my brother in a few days on hardest, though- that seems doable with another player around.

That’s another little thing this game gets right- characters independent of worlds, and being able to have multiple world saves. So we can each have a main/solo world and character, and a co-op world we play together, etc.

I don’t have the Prophecy yet. I like the Omni-rifle (sniper!) and the Slug-Thrower for rifles (I think that’s what it’s called, burning bullets! Get it in the Quarry!). All the shotguns I’ve used are crap, even the cryo. That makes me sad.

I don’t think it did so completely - there was a blurb I read during the game which referred to the Pacific Incident and that the Agency needed to reform or change? I think it was a loading blurb. So perhaps they shovelled that entire point into a story in-between 2 and 3.

Mass Driver gun was always in inventory. Just way to effective to not have.

Anyone notice there’s a bunch of Drones that just don’t auto-lock very well- you have to be really close, it seems. Am I crazy?

Guys, guys, guys, you are doing it all wrong. Never leave home without Ragnarok. Single shots melt fodder, hurt mechs. Hold down for AOE and to bring the pain!

I just got Ragnarok before turning it off the other night, but haven’t really had a chance to use it.

I had smashed the monorail AI, and the hit team was after me when I stumbled into a prisoner lockup and just decided to go for it. So I had the hit team, the crazy dudes guarding the lockup (with the ragnarok) and the threat level kept escalating- big drones, vans, piles of troops. It was crazy. Beam laser, homing missile, mass driver, incendiary grenades, power punching dudes everywhere, my handler on the radio egging me on the whole time, it was hilarious. They just kept coming! Every time I blew up a vehicle, two more would arrive. Somewhere in there, I freed the prisoners and found the Rag, but I didn’t get to use it much.

Yeah I just beat the AI boss last night too. Great boss fight!

I died during the lockdown which happened after the boss fight and there was some tiny text which said “do to retry lockdown”. But I didn’t see what it was? Anyone know?

Pretty much after every lockdown, there’s a little text that says “hey, if you’re having fun you can basically recreate the lockdown experience by causing lots of trouble” and they’ll send waves of enemies at you. Which you’ve probably already figured out for yourself at this point.

Oh yes. I thought there was a specific “lockdown event” I could re-initiate though. Guess I just mis-read it.

I’m only 30 minutes in maybe but can’t seem to figure out how to switch targets. In CD1, you just flicked the right stick, right? Or at least that targeted body parts. Maybe it’s been too long! Anyways, anyone know how to easily swap between targets?

I dunno, I guess my logic so far has been, if it’s in my crosshairs I’ll just go ahead and shoot it.

Right stick while locked on targets different body parts. I don’t think there’s a way to switch actual targets while locked on, though if you’re holding down LT while not locked, and your reticle passes over an enemy in range, it’ll automatically lock to them.

You have to let go the trigger and unlock current target to switch to new one.

So I’m a decent chunk of the way through the game, maybe 75-80% through the content as a guess. And it’s still a blast to rampage through all the content, with one exception: the street races. Even at level 5 driving, almost all the cars skid around like they’re on ice. I’ve gotten through most of them with Gold only after multiple attempts - by contrast the races on foot are piss easy. Only one has been moderately challenging so far, requiring more than one or two tries.

But the street races have so much damn traffic to weave through, and any crashes cars remain on the road if you restart (and you will restart). Yeah I know, why am I bothering with a car when I can leap tall buildings in a single bound? Achievements, I guess. What are ya gonna do.

I played quite a bit over the weekend too, though I’m not that far into the game.

I will say that the sucky driving feels very much like it did in the original Crackdown, which was the main flaw in that game too. Funny that they decided to preserve everything. There was no “hey, let’s make the driving fun”. Or maybe someone at the design meetings did say that, and he got shot down.