Crap we watched as a kid

I remember the Gummi Bears theme song being a hit on high school graduation parties back when I was 18. Sad thing was, it was better than 90% of the other music they played at high school graduation parties.

Originally Posted by russellmz00
i watched an episode a few years ago, the first in many years. it was also my favorite episode. see, the firefighter joe kept getting messages about “the viper” and osme numbers so the joes naturally assumed the numbers were the latitude and longitude of cobra’s secret base. so they went down there in their armored snow trucks, and cobra was indeed there! so the joes were under attack but cobra had tanks. then the black guy who only spoke in rhymes charged them and fired “sno-pedoes” that were missiles on snow skis, and blew up the cobra tanks.

then the joes got into the base, which was a cobra r&r center. there were arcade games, ping pong tables, and the cobraettes (fan dancers on stage). that was the first half of the episode. something else happened, but in the end the phone messages weren’t from cobra or an informant, it was a window washer guy with an accent telling the firefighter joe when the times he could get his vindows vashed, and the price.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. The series based on Macross was great. I didn’t list it myself because I didn’t watch it until it was reaired later on Cartoon Network. And I watched Macross a few months ago, because it’s even better.

I still remember the Pinwheel song, but I didn’t get to watch it much because I didn’t have Nick.

“Pinwheel, Pinwheel, spinning around.
Look in my Pinwheel and see what I found.
Pinwheel.”

I’m planning to Netflix a bunch of these old shows, actually. My first one will be Fall Guy, which I loved as a kid. I also loved Buck Rogers, Wonder Woman, etc.

For cartoons, I watched Transformers, Thundercats, GI Joe, and Smurfs (smurf you if you didn’t like it!).

These are the shows that I remember… Add Jem and Doogie Howser, MD to the list for me though. And I absolutely loved Salute Your Shorts.

I think I’m one of the only kids that watched “Captain Harlock and the Queen of a Thousand Years.” as a kid. It aired in the SF area on channel 26 I think. I love that show, wish I could find it. I always have and will love Leiji Matsumoto’s style of anime/manga over any other. I’ve never known of anyone else who ever watched it though.

And do you have the North American Gatchaman DVDs? They’re awesomer.

The thing about BotP was that it was such a different look compared to Hanna Barbera-esque animation that I was hypnotized by it. It completely ruined me for the western style cartoons that ran after school when I was a kid. Well, except for Jonny Quest, which looked amazing but bored me to tears.

PS:
The Tomorrow People.

SHAZAM! Coolest superhero to ever drive a Winnebago.

Kroft superstars. This explains my taste in webcomics; my brain was damaged by this.

And of course, Jason of Star Command!!! Let’s have a show with an obvious Han Solo rip-off…

Totally.

“Always five, acting as one. Dedicated. Inseperable. Invincible!”

Bested perhaps only by Ulysses 31:

I was asked recently if I’d be interested in writing a live-action feature version of Battle of the Planets. Pretty much a dream project for me, so yeah… we’ll see if that works out.

Oh, also have to give a shout-out to Jamie and the Magic Torch, my favorite show when I was a kid.

I could prattle on endlessly about fantastic UK kids shows from the 80s but none of you would have a clue what I was on about…

Prattle away. See, this is why youtube exists…

Yeah, but it’s not the same. You had to BE there.

Prime Time:
Dragnet
FBI
Man from U.N.C.L.E
Alias Smith and Jones
Run For Your Life.
Sea Hunt

Comedies:
Petticoat Junction.
Green Acres
The Real McCoys

Cartoons:
Speed Racer
Johnny Quest
Kimba
The Hulk
The Fantastic Four

Zep–

Considering the in the 80s, US cable was filled with BBC and CBC produced programing because it was cheap, I imagine we have seen a good chunck of it.

At least you learned something from the kids shows of the 60’s and 70’s…they weren’t just hour long commercials for their products…okay, maybe the Banana Splits was…

Any native Canadians know that there is only one true kids show: The Hilarious House Of Frightenstein.

How can I forget ABC After School Movies

Elvis Week
Godzilla Week

Starring Billy Van, Billy Van, Billy Van, Billy Van, Billy Van.

For Canadian kids TV, I grew up on The Friendly Giant, Mr. Dressup (from the Casey and Finnegan era), and Chez Helene which was how I learned my first French words.

You clearly are of the same age as myself. :)