Crashlands -- Cross-platform crafting ARPG

The iOS version of this is awesome. I’ve seen let’s plays for the PC version, and the iOS version appears to play exactly the same. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to use sticky bombs though. Regardless, having a great time.

Just like you do with the wrench. Put the bomb in slot, select it and click on the enemy.

I thought I tried that but I guess the unequip interface is a little obscure to me. I didn’t realize I had to hit the infinity symbol once I unequipped something (I thought they’d show up at the bottom of the screen automatically once you unequipped). Got it now, though. Thanks!

Appreciate this, the part I bolded in particular. Because I remembered being told I could recycle old things, but couldn’t work out where to do this with old weapons and armor. I was starting to think only placeable items could be recycled, and once you replaced actual gear, it was gone into the void. (There was another game that handled it that way, but I can’t recall what game it was.)

Yeah, there are a few weird little interface things for sure. I wish I could just scroll around on the map using my fingers instead of the arrow keys. I can’t seem to get ahead of the power curve either though I’ve built the Chemworks and the lvl 5 weapon there.

Yeah, the map interface is a big part of the feeling that I’m not playing an iOS game; probably still the worst offense.

I just built whatever the thing is after the Chemworks, the one made from the parts of the new trees I can finally cut down.

Have really been enjoying this on my iPad over the past couple days, what a fantastic game.

I haven’t had a chance to get back into it since the weekend but I was having a really good time with it too. It’s slower to load on my 3rd gen iPad, but once I’m playing it’s perfectly fine and the bigger screen is worth playing it there instead of my iPhone when I’m at home. But it’s nice that it syncs and I can play it on the go too.

I’ve stopped playing for the moment because I hit a bug with a quest. I’m in no hurry, though. I’ve had a lot of fun with it, and before too long the creation tools will get released. The mod community could keep people playing for years.

This is neat, and I love that it has the screen size settings, really nice on ipad pro. Which means I should delete it asap because supposedly I bought this gadget for drawings

Well, you could use the floor tiles to make pixel style art, that’s drawing too right? Loophole!

Massive patch coming and that means the best patch video ever.

I picked this up the day it was released after reading an AMA about it on Reddit a couple years ago. I only put a few hours into it at the time, but just recently reinstalled. I have one lingering question I never did find an answer to, is there a purpose behind constructing walls etc? I understand the purpose of the various workbenches, but I don’t know if there’s any reason to construct buildings. Cosmetics? Is safety of my base an issue later on etc?

I haven’t played since before the big patch mentioned above, so I’m sure there’s lots more to discover too. Thanks for any info on this.

I haven’t played in ages. I’m pretty sure the walls have some value, perhaps defensive, but I honestly don’t recall.

Two years and a half million sales after release, they’re still updating – with moar weapons and better combat!

The COMBOver Patch features an overhaul of combat with 36 new weapons and a brand new COMBO system, plus new unlockables like the Hardcore game mode in which you can only die once, the Creative mode for those who like building magnificent bases or turning their maps into pixel art, and new achievements!

Oh, and it is coming to the Switch…

Seems the game got couch co-op added!

The guys behind Crashlands made a Mario Maker type game called Levelhead (create side-scrolling platformer levels and upload them to the world to play). And apparently they created the game using GameMaker of all things.

Has anybody tried it?

Are the levels curated? Otherwise I could jut draw dickbutt or whatever.

I have no idea how curated the levels are. When I upload it just seems to show up online immediately. And I don’t see an obvious way to report levels. Unlike Mario Maker you can’t enter your own levels names and descriptions, you choose words from drop-downs of pre-selected words. So I have no idea how they keep swastikas or something out of the levels beyond a detection tool.

Maybe that feature is coming later.