Creating multiple Steam accounts.

Anyone know if Steam allows for multiple Steam accounts on the same email? I would like to create a new account for my Mac instead of using my ancient PC account (which has an account name I hate and reminds me of something I prefer to forget).

Was it the account login name that was bothering you or the profile name? You can change the profile name by clicking on the profile name at the top of the screen and selecting profile.

It’s the login name, and I checked the FAQ and it’s unchangeable.

You would lose access to all your prior purchases, and lots of games have MacOS ports these days. That must be some serious trauma there.

Anyway, try signing up for the second account with a + sign in your email. For example, if your email is [email protected] try [email protected]. If that doesn’t work, just get another account at gmail and forward it to your primary one.

Edit: Actually, you may be able to link the two accounts together via family sharing so you don’t lose all your games.

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

Yeah, I have like 10 games on Steam, most of which are Half Life 2. No big loss in loosing my “Games”.

So you aren’t a big PC gamer? No big deal then, new account is easy.

Cool.

When I created my Steam account (and I didn’t realize it was 13 years ago), was Gmail already around? I could have sworn I didn’t use Gmail then. But my Steam account is now tied to Gmail. Perhaps you can contact Valve to change - I think it is now much more difficult to change email address since Steam is now so popular as compared to years ago when they were just starting out.

But if you have just 10 games, why do you care to even keep that account?

I don’t care about keeping it, I just don’t want to bother with submitting a ticket to delete it, that’s all.

Anyway, despite saying not to, steam let me make a new account with the same email. No fuss no muss. :)

You can use family sharing to keep your old library. A lot of my fighting game friends have smurf accounts that they do this for.

For SFV it’s also useful to try out new characters.