Credible Source for Daniel Day-Lewis as Joker in Batman 3?

I don’t think Daniel Day Lewis would have been good as Daniel Day Lewis’ father in In the Name of the Father.

You obviously haven’t seen Back to the Future. Or Dead Ringers. Both of which would have been better with Daniel Day Lewis playing his own relatives. You, too, fail at this game!

-Tom

I… but wait, Pete Postle… you… <shakes fist, sulks off to the corner>

So you’re saying you want to see a love scene between DDL and Billy Bob Thornton? No matter how good an actor DDL is, I don’t think he could pull that off.

Which reminds me that Daniel Day Lewis would have been splendid as the grizzled dinosaur hunter in Jurassic Park 2 and the lawyer in The Usual Suspects. Plus his name would have been easier to pronounce!

-Tom

The sad thing is that the only thing that makes that statement false is the fact that DDL would never sign on for that role. It would be phenomenal, though.

Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt, Sarkus. Also, Daniel Day Lewis in either role in Brokeback Mountain, which brings us full circle back to Daniel Day Lewis as The Joker.

-Tom

Bringing these two together, I would actually really prefer DDL as Halle Berry’s Bond girl in Die Another Day.

No doubt, Daniel Day Lewis would play a far superior Storm in the X-Men movies.

And a better Catwoman.

DDL could’ve played both Tyler Durdens and not given away the twist. He’s that good.

Daniel Day-Lewis in… “Norbit Meets the Klumps”.

You guys are being to obvious with all the female and crappy movie roles.

I’ll tell you what DDL couldn’t play better – a real sad sack nerd roles like:
Hoffman in Happiness,
Paul Giamatti in American Splendor,
Steve Buscemi in Ghost World (or really almost any movie).

Lewis has too much menace for any of those, I don’t think he can tone it down.

Go away, malph. You’re screwing up my game!

Seriously, though, that is a good point. Jerk.

-Tom

I’ll have to flip the script and say he would be a better Trish, a better Enid and a better Toby Radloff.

Babe!

Or Michael Jordan in “Space Jam!”

Or Lola Bunny!

Since this is now about how awesome DDL is, I will once again relay the dream I had of DDL that involved a little bit of Qt3.

I had read some of the imdb trivia on Last of the Mohicans and how DDL spent 6 months in the jungle to get into the role. So I dream that I meet him strolling in the streets of Dubai because, well, he’s going to be making a movie in Dubai. So I invite him over to my place and ask him to stay in my apartment until he’s done with the movie (this didn’t strike me as homoerotic at the time) and he agrees. So we get to talking and after a while he needs to go to bed, so I tell him that I think he’s the best actor ever and hug him (once again the awkwardness of this only reveals itself later). I head over to the PC and create a topic in the Movie forum titled “HOLY FUCKING SHIT DANIEL DAY LEWIS IS IN MY APARTMENT”. Inevitably someone posts “pics or it didn’t happen” and I woke up after that.

I will also pose this question: would Daniel Day-Lewis be a good Captain America?

And of course, Dainel Day-Lewis would have been better as both Rachel and Rhodey. At the same time.