Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal

Yesssssssssss

I may have set a reminder

Just finished it up. The story material is presented in a very different and occasionally confusing manner than the earlier games, but once it clicks then it’s way more tolerable. The gameplay is basically 3D CW3, but with more resources to keep track of (thankfully with most of this automated around a single factory building so long as you can keep it hooked up to your full supply chain) and some new stuff to play with. The assortment of what you’re allowed to use and what you have thrown against you is a bit limited, but there are still seven respectable levels to work through.

In short, it’s looking good for now.

And now 1.0 has been announced for December 3rd.

I couldn’t find a price anywhere.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, I don’t see a price anywhere either.

Creeper World 2 is on sale for seventy five American cents. I wouldn’t go back to one, because it seems like 3 but worse, but is this one still worth playing with its side-on perspective? It looks like balls, but that’s not a barrier if the gameplay is still good.

Its 75 cents. Yes its worth it. I played all the creeper world games and liked them all.

Yes. It’s very different but still a lot of fun.

I bought it a few days ago and plowed through the campaign. It’s not that long and now as difficult as some of the CW3 missions but definitely scratches the itch Creeper World is so good a addressing.

The side perspective offers a slight twist on the genre. There are bonus mission and a random generator. Really enjoyed it.

Creeper World 4 has been out for HOURS, yet nothing here yet. What the hell QT3, where are my 1st impressions, where is the love and\or hate. Sure I could play the demo and find out for myself but that takes work.

:)

Anybody have any impressions?

I liked the demo well enough as a seeming evolution of CW3, but have been (and will continue to be) pouring all my time into Project Wingman for the foreseeable future. Lousy timing on this game’s part, unfortunately.

Bought and I’m digging it. Different tempo, but I dig the big blobby creeper.

Done maybe 6 missions?

I think I’ve played all of his games through, so I’m definitely the target demographic

I am too busy playing creeper world 3! I bought creeper world 4 the moment it was out but haven’t booted it yet; working my way through CW3. It has been a long time since I have had a PC game with that “just 5 more minutes and I’ll stop” and another hour passes. I have enjoyed quite a few games this year, but none has made me “lose time” like this one.

How is the tempo different?

I’m only a few missions in, which isn’t very far at all, but as near as I can tell, this is just the same old Creeper World with a new 3D engine. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. But am I missing anything? Does anything new and cool get added at some point?

-Tom

My question is: Is there any reason I should want Creeper World in 3D?

From the demo, the fluid waves require more attention than just controlling the much more predictable sequential level rises, with some enemies and ground features adding creeper spikes that are a bit hairier than emitters. And nullifiers don’t explode, they must keep being protected, so you can get “fun” failure cascades.
From the alpha videos, managing the non-energy resources to use different weapons and upgrades seems fairly different, but they weren’t really in the beta.

I feel like the fluid dynamics “read” better in 3D, if that makes any sense. And it is pretty cool to see your logistics network modeled in 3D. So I would say, yeah, Creeper World in 3D is a thing worth having.

-Tom