Crimes of the Future - David Cronenberg tackles transhumanism

This is the first original sci-fi script by Cronenberg since 1999’s eXistenZ . It sounds just as ambitious, taking a deep dive into the not-so-distant future where humankind is learning to adapt to its synthetic surroundings. This evolution moves humans beyond their natural state and into a metamorphosis, altering their biological makeup. While some embrace the limitless potential of trans-humanism, others attempt to police it. Either way, “Accelerated Evolution Syndrome” is spreading fast. Saul Tenser is a beloved performance artist who has embraced Accelerated Evolution Syndrome, sprouting new and unexpected organs in his body. Along with his partner Caprice, Tenser has turned the removal of these organs into a spectacle for his loyal followers to marvel at in real-time theatre. But with both the government and a strange subculture taking note, Tenser is forced to consider what would be his most shocking performance of all.

“I have unfinished business with the future,” Cronenberg understated.

I’m so there.

I’m in!

Yup, it’s Cronenberg all right.

3207s2

I’m totally in.

Ugh. This is somehow going to involve extra disgusting butthole-like orifices. I just know it.

Or mouths?