Crimson Skies?

I was just going through my game collection and saw that I still had my Crimson Skies disk. I should load it up, tons of fun. I even sadistically enjoyed the Hollywood level. ^_~

This is the longest-dead thread I’ve ever resurrected, but I had to share the good news: the guy who wrote the little csfix tool that makes Crimson Skies work on Nvidia cards fixed the black-squares-eating-the-screen problem on ATI cards, which means I can finally play Crimson Skies as it deserves: in full 1080p.

Oohhh, gotta try this…

OMG! No way!

Wish it were on Steam.

Man, I thought I’d forget. I played the hell out of this game. I was in a clan. I played multiplayer to death. But I figured I’d have to relearn the game. Hell no, it all came rushing back. Throttle control, X-axis on the joystick for tight turns. Leading fire. Like riding a bike, pure muscle memory.

That doesn’t mean I could down a good human player yet. But the basics are there.

Time to fly.

Oh, and remember the Microsoft Gaming Zone?

Edit: Found this forum. Interesting stuff there.

Man, I loved Crimson Skies so much. I also loved Mechwarrior 3. By far my favorite Mechwarrior game.

And so in sad related news, there’s rumors that Sony is going to be shutting down Zipper Interactive, the developer of these two wonderful games.

Thank you thank you thank you! I downloaded the patch last night, dusted off my joystick, and spent several happy hours flying under bridges and through tunnels and blowing shit up.

Heh. I literally had to clean a thick layer of dust crud off of my Cyborg EVO to play this.

Same here. I meant “dusted off” in a quite literal sense.

One thing that I’ve noticed is that the EVO is a bit too accurate. I last played this on a Sidewinder Precision Pro. It was well used (back then) and sprung out. I’m used to big sweeping motions to get out of the Sidewinder’s dead zone. I have to rethink with the EVO and not over compensate.

Otherwise I’m having a blast.

There’s no way to link multiple gun installations to fire together, is there? If I build a plane with four .50-caliber guns on it I can’t fire all four guns at once, but I can toggle back and forth between the two pairs. Am I doing this right?

Given that, is there a good reason to put more than one set of guns on a fighter? I guess in theory you could have a low-caliber gun set for dogfighting and a heavier set for ground attack, but in practice I’m finding a pair of heavy machine guns works fine for both purposes.

Ammunition concerns in longer missions, and the aiming correction you get works on a bigger cone with smaller guns.

This is the best news I’ve heard all week.

Squeeee

I am restraining my glee. But I still will hope.

Edit: I can’t help it. CS on a state of the art computer with brand new shiny graphics. ::drool::

Arise thread!

So might anyone know how to get Crimson Skies working on the 360? I got a 360 for my birthday and just hooked the thing up, but it doesn’t work. The internet says it’s backwards compatible, but the console says the game isn’t compatible.

Are you online? Pretty sure it has to download an emulator to work.

Brian, I may be the guy that has tried to get CS working the most for years. I believe that the rest of the game will work but the buttons are a jumble of pixels. I wish you well on your quest. Go with god, my friend.

I seem to recall having some sound bugs and other issues. I’d love a remake so much.