Crusader Kings 3 - Downton Abbey for the 12th Century

Part 3 of the Spanish playthrough is now done: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/714999348

You can see the earlier videos on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_wKAvyPJ5M&list=PL_3rLv22kp6RiRZHdxcPeqtNGu593kZ3h

It has got to be my favourite official Paradox playthrough stream I have seen. Not only because the game looks great and creates stories, but the two guys doing the stream have a great dynamic and know how to entertain. There’s plenty of funny moments.

Man, you the furies and bronies are going for go hog wild with those 3D avatars.

Is Quill18 playing in 640x480, or is the interface just huge?

It appears the interface is that big.

It’s huge so it streams better for viewers.

That seemed really large, even for streaming. Not complaining necessarily, just stood out that it was really big.

Most modern Paradox games have been retrofitted with GUI scaling so I would imagine there’s such an option built in with this one. Perhaps he increased it? Or maybe it is just that large, which isn’t necessarily a problem, IMO.

Also, ultrawide monitors are sooo nice for this sort of thing.

It makes me a bit nervous that all the gameplay I am seeing is “highlight footage.” Talking about goals and accomplishments and personalities, but almost no actual playing of the game (outside of making choices among the perks). I hope this doesn’t mean that most of the charm of the game is in looking back at the audacious plan and accomplishment, but that the minute to minute gameplay is less attractive.

Paradox’s “Iberian Intrigue” series has a decent amount of gameplay, not to mention a pair of charming hosts. I believe that it’s a very lightly edited version of their Twitch stream (which probably means you can find the whole unedited thing on Twitch).

To be honest if someone is interested in what the game is about I think the Paradox employee one you linked is the one to watch, it really shows off all of the fun story-telling stuff that can happen in a CK run.

A bunch of streamers uploaded one video each, but given the limited time and the crushingly competitive market for attention on youtube they all came across really try-hard to me anyway (quill’s isn’t try-hard but his video wasn’t really engaging either).

Man, I am so excited for this game. 5 days to go? Damn.

Seriously. The only thing saving me is that the Monster Train expansion open beta is going on, and I can play with that until CK3 launches.

The “official” streams derailed fast at the end of last week, even more so yesterday (to be uploaded to Youtube, I think). Beware the brothels.
The bigger emphasis on RP aspects is very interesting.

I’m pretty excited to play this at launch because I bet there will be some hysterical bugs. I’m not being sarcastic here - half the fun in these games is when things go off the rails entirely.

Anyone pre-ordering the royal edition?

The other decision to make is who to play; I’m thinking of starting off with a Baltic pagan tribe.

I believe I did. It’s kind of a no-brainer for me for PDS grand strategy titles but who knows, maybe this is the time they let me down! :)

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/crusader-kings-3-dev-diary-39-achievements-showcase.1413269/

Achievement list

I did.

Me: I should pre-order the Royal Edition and get a discount on the expansions.

Also Me: Seriously? Buy the expansions before you even know if you like the game? What if the game has gameplay issues right out of the gate, are you just going to blindly buy expansions for it?

Me: …

Stellaris: You know I’m right here, right?

Also Me: …

Me: Pre-order placed.

Yeah, basically the same dialog in my head. And the same ending. Oh well.

Seems like there is a ratings issue down under…

But, uhm, as for me, shut up Dave. :)