Crusader Kings 3 - Downton Abbey for the 12th Century

CK3 seemed pretty approachable, except for the utterly mad way tax revenues work. But that only really becomes an issue at the kingdom level.

I pretty much learned my lesson with Stellaris and EU4- modern Paradox left me behind.

LOL!
this fits my experience with CK 1 and 2; I’ve just been a bystander on 3.

Any reason EU4 left you behind other than the DLC model?

DLC model, and a bit of overcomplication.

Are they adding more general events to the main game? The repetition of them, and lack of variety made me super bored with my Empire.

It wasn’t fake. Announced officially today

Watching the event, a little behind. So much cringe.
But the DLC looks nice.

Have to wait for May for their next new game announcement will be a major disappointment for not being Victoria 3. Actually, the only thing I think I could actually find myself getting excited for(that isn’t Vicky 3) would be a fantasy grand strategy game.

Same. I might get excited for Stellaris 2 if they pare down the design to make an AI competent enough for a good narrative (don’t need a competitive one).
I’d also be excited for releases that don’t need 2 or 3 hotfixes.

I thought about it being Stellaris 2 or HoI5, but it seems odd to announce a sequel while they are still actively releasing DLC for the previous title. I guess Leviathan could be it for Stellaris, but I think they’d wait more than two months after the last DLC to announce Stellaris 2.

Yeah, what I really want for CK3 is more bug fixes.

I’d like them to add more to HOI 4. Like really take us deep into the Cold War.

I really hope they tackle the Cold War period. My hunch is that when East v West was cancelled they started working on it. Vicky 3 would also be really nice!

It’s not exactly a traditional Cold War game, but the HOI4 mod TNO might help fill that gap. Turns HOI4 into a more narrative strategy game in an alternate 1962 Cold War.

Anyone remember then original pre-purchase options? I’m sure I would have gotten one that included DLC if it was available, but I can’t remember. Don’t want to buy the DLC if I’m supposed to get it based on the package I originally got.

There was a Royal Edition. Details here:

Thanks Kevin. I got the Royal Edition. Wonder why Steam isn’t notifying me that I already own the new DLC?

Also free week for base CK3 on Steam

I have the Royal edition as well and got no notification, but then were we supposed to?