Crysis Remastered - But can Nintendo Switch run Crysis?

The plot thickens. The remasters (yes, plural) will be “co-created” by Saber Interactive. Tim Willits went there when he left ID last year.
Willits twittered about the remasters concentrating on the single players campaigns. This could indicate the stand-alone add-on Warhead could be included.

I really hope Warhead is included, it was probably my favorite after the original classic.

Warhead was my favorite, period.

I have quite a few posts about Crysis in the Crysis thread, but none in the Crysis Warhead thread, so I went looking, and I found this post about it in a game of the month thread:

It’s funny hearing myself talk about the keyboard and mouse controls. I think the last first person shooter I played with keyboard and mouse was actually Crysis Warhead, given that this post is from September 2010, and Bioshock 2 came out earlier in 2010, and that was the last major release that I played from beginning to end with mouse and keyboard I think.

The only one I can think of after that where I kept switching back and forth between M/K and gamepad was Borderlands, where I would switch to M/K only when I was using the sniper rifle.

Crytek clarified some details.

1. No Warhead, just Crysis.
  2. Ginormous list of technical shit gets added.
  3. Tim Willits’ use of the plural was ignored.
  4. Release in the summer. July or so.

My thoughts:

1. Makes sense from a business perspective. Both Crysis and Warhead had long campaigns according to today’s standards. So why not sell them alone and bundle them later…
  2. Can my PC run Crysis?
  3. But why would they contract Saber Interactive to remake only the vanilla game, if the stand-alone add-on uses pretty much identical assets and tech?! I would be very surprised if we don’t hear about a Warhead remaster soonish.
  4. So it’s basically already finished or in late beta, given a 2-3 months approval run for PS4 and XBone.

Leak says it launches on July 23rd.

Almost time to resurrect your favorite “But can it run Cyrsis?” memes.

Oops. Launch delayed.

MS accidentally released the trailer yesterday

A few image comparisions.

DF compares the PC Remaster with the original.

Overall an improvement thanks to the engine upgrade, but there also are a few instances of where the new ones ends up looking inferior to the oldie.

Should have been a full remake with the latest Cryengine.

Ashamed to say I tried this back in the day but could not git gud. The different suit modes taxed my scrollwheel skills too hard. Never tried the sequels.

The keyboard controls are easier. Double-tapping a key directly activates the suit function.

I initially followed advice here at Qt3 and played it on realistic difficulty, but the problem with that I kept dying a lot. I felt less like a superhero and more like Garrett in Thief. I’m glad I gave the game another try months/years later though, playing on Normal difficulty. Then I used all my suit powers with impunity and they actually made it feel powerful and the game felt like my playground instead of a scary place where I could die around every corner.

And I say that as someone who usually plays all shooters on the highest difficulty. Normal was just the right fit for me in this game. At least, I think it was normal. It’s been years, maybe it was the one between realistic and normal.

2 and 3 also getting remasters.

Looks good, never got far into 2, and never played 3. So I will probably get this.

All I remember of 2 is pushing cars in a parking garage at one point.

Is this the Crysis thread? Crysis 4 teased now…

Hope it’s next gen only.

I haven’t played Crysis 2 and 3, except for maybe two hours each. So where did we leave off? Did the aliens win?

Um, no, but New York was in a bad way by the end :)