Cube world: Minecraft, sorta

I’ve died 50 times in 30 minutes. This is more like Cube Souls.

There’s no XP anymore and you’re way overmatched right out of the gate. I’m getting my a$$ handed to me by chickens and cows. Here’s how every battle plays out (as a Ranger):

1. shoot mob as it closes for melee
  2. do a little damage before getting killed
  3. respawn at Circle of Power (they are few and far between)
  4. Run back to mob, shoot again and whittle it down some more, possibly killing it but ending with few HP left for another battle…
  5. pick up a few coins and if you’re lucky a piece of gear that you can actually use
  6. repeat until you get a full kit of gear??? You don’t level up…

NPCs now give you quests to find special gear. It’s all by design, there doesn’t appear to be any procedural generation anymore.’ Hey, I hear there’s a pair of climbing spikes at SO and SO Farm!" Sure enough, a POI pops up on the map, run over there, find the spikes. Next NPC tells you to give to anbother POI for another Neat Thing and then you BACK THE WAY YOU JUST CAME for 10 minutes… and that’s where I got killed for 50th tiome and sent back to the one CoP I’d discovered.

Finally got to the next POI and there was a huge scripted battle and I was supposed to help the “good guys” that were outnumbered 20 to 4 but every enemy was way too much more me and I died aplenty. There was a new CoP nearby so I just get respawning and jumping back into the fray but I finally gave up and quit.

it’s a mess.