Cult of the Lamb - Be a baa-aa-adass cultist

Really enjoying this so far. Digging the lovely art direction and a morbid tone. The cult management is certainly meatier than I expected. Thought the non-combat part would take up maybe twice the time it does in Hades (where you decorate the house and fix/build relationships), but it’s more or less the core with crusades adding progress and resources to it.

I had to restart because I needed wood but I had no lumber mill and had no more trees in my area and could not leave because of the black fog since I had a quest to finish before I could leave but the quest needed 15 wood and I had NONE. So annoying.

I restarted two more times, and got stuck on each after the first sermon.i had no quests to complete, but couldn’t leave camp, either. Sounds like this bug is pretty common, so I’m going to shelve this until it’s patched. Which will hopefully be soon because I am digging the game.

Ya…me too. I really enjoy it and will just leave it be for a bit.

I have the fog wall bug after the first sermon too. Playing on XSX. Seems this is pretty common. I’d imagine they’d patch something like this pretty quickly. Enjoyed what I saw of the game so far.

I’m enjoying the game, although it doesn’t appear to be very challenging at all on the recommended difficulty. I’ve on the third “world” and I’ve maxed everything out in my village already without my village ever being in any real risk. I don’t feel like I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time taking care of my village before adventuring either. I think there should be more inadvertent calamities or events that hit the village that could open up more opportunities for comedy. Right now the worst that can happen to your village is the occasional questline that results in you sacrificing a villager before they are due (optional) and the occasional boss curse. It is trivial to bounce back from any faith loss.

My only real complaint with the adventuring piece right now is that it takes just as long to clear a room of breakables (grass/bones/world uniques) than it does to clear it of enemies. Sometimes longer. That pacing is weird and noticeable. I at least feel like I have to do it as well for resources (anything other than grass is fairly useful).

Thankfully, I didn’t encounter the fog wall bug on PS4/5 and was able to complete the game. I encountered a handful of weird village bugs where workers would just refuse to refine materials or harvest farm goods and even once had all faith-related buildings disappear. But closing and reloading the game always fixed the issue.

I really enjoyed the game, and was glad that it was short. Make it through the four biomes four times each to clear the bosses and (structure spoiler) just beat a final boss rush, no additional biome to clear.

I had most of the unlocks and about half the buildings constructed without feeling like I ever had to grind. Well, except when I needed 20 cult members to get through a door and a whole crop had died of old age. I had to make a bunch of 2 minute trips through the forest biome to pick up like 9 additional members.

Is there an effective way to turn a skeptic other than the prison? (Which I have not unlocked yet.)

The re-education interaction on its own seems pretty useless because you can only use it once a day - and what little it does is gone by the next day. I had 3 skeptics so far, and I ended up sacrificing them.

Not that I’ve seen. I think prison just keeps them from running around influencing others though. I’ve kept a couple locked up for a few days, re-educating them each day, then they finally turn back to normal.

It has been a while since I played a game with this bugs. I’ve been softlocked when talking to new cult members (in the customization screen), I had issues with the cult members not being able to attend the garden, I had sidequest failing the moment they are accepted, etc.
The situation is improving by the day, they have released six small updates already, but I wish they had waited until the game was in better shape for release.

I’ve finished this last week. Played the Steam version and was overall fortunate and didn’t encounter major bugs myself.

Had a good time, but–as noted by others already–it’s not the game you keep playing for a long time beyond completion. I think the dungeon and cult components work nicely together as long as there’s more story and progress to be had, but not enough depth and variety to keep you around for a lot longer.

The cult part has a bit more longevity to it, but the combat loop is just too shallow for me to enjoy it on its own. There aren’t really different builds you can try out because everything plays very same-y. The hammers being slightly more distinct, but not in a way that adds variety. Daggers aren’t fun to play because while they’re faster, they make enemies feel like sponges. The dungeons don’t help it either - they may have different visual themes and sets of enemies, but they really play all the same.

It’s all serviceable, but has a ton of potential for improvements for a sequel.

Btw., did anyone really use the feature that lets you look into the mind of your followers? I did it once or twice after it got introduced, but then ignored it because it seemed pretty useless and I never really saw any benefit.

Has this been patched up yet? Very keen to try it but not until the big bugs are gone.

I played through pretty much the whole game without an issue. What big bugs did I miss?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see they looks to be some YMMV type of bugs…horrid for some, nonexistent for others.

Halloween-themed timed event:

The (free) expansion “Relics of the Old Faith” is coming out on the 24th. Main attraction are probably the rebalanced weapons (now with charge attack and a bit more love for the daggers) and a bunch of new buildings (like multi-person dwellings and an automated cooking station).

“Looks like lamb is back on the menu, lads!”

I have been using it quite a lot (started playing this week for the first time). I definitely find it helpful to get a sense of why a cultist is unhappy, or their general feelings about things. It’s also good for picking ones that are ready to be sacrificed.

It’s more just a part of managing faith as much as anything and I do think it’s much more qualitative than quantitative.

Eh, while someone practices necromancy…

There’s supposedly a new content update forthcoming, the delightfully titled “Sins of the Flesh” update.

And since the devs sincerely mentioned “it’s not the sex update”, they got mildly coerced into adding a sex update, regardless.
Like…have those people ever checked the R34 for their game? People are thirsty as hell for the sheep for sure.

Or have they even been to Wales? (Sorry to any Welsh people reading this)