Cult of the wind - Craziest game ever?

So, I stumbled over this as a new steam early access game, and here is the description.

Cult of the Wind is a game about people who pretend to be airplanes.

Here is…an…well…somewhat disturbing video but also hilarious- I mean…who comes up with this? And why? And still…I’m weirdly fascinated!

Some more information:

“In an unknown time and place, a cult that worships the wreckage of ancient airplanes gathers to mimic the dogfights of old. With the peak of humanity far behind, their world is a mausoleum to a lush and verdant Art Deco past.”

In Cult of the Wind, players compete and cooperate in ritualistic multi-player human dogfights, complete with imaginary weapons, pretend explosions, and airplane noises made with their mouths. Shower your friends in a hail of imaginary bullets and proclaim, “I got you! You have to lie down,” to which they respond, “Nuh-uh, I have a shield.” You argue about whether or not airplanes can have shields, meanwhile some other guy does a cannonball onto your head while whistling. It’s great

Oh yeah, I saw the trailer a pair of weeks ago (was in RPS or in GAF?) . It’s strangely charming, actually. But the trailer seems focused in a team vs team mode? I think this weird idea could be more than a wacky CTF.

That’s a great idea if you lack the resources to create plane, weapon, or explosion assets. :D