Current leaders for CPU & audio

A couple of questions. Actually perhaps more like confirmations.

Which is the current “top”/“best” sound card from Creative Labs for “serious” gaming? I would say; PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series.

Which is the current “top”/“best” CPU Intel for “serious” gaming? I would say; Intel Core i7-980X Processor Extreme Edition.

In relation to these questions, money is no object, and the question is specific to these brands. In other words, if one has to buy the top tier products from only these vendors.

First you ask about game readme files. Now you ask about sound cards. Are you sure you’re not living in the 90s?

Serious answers:
The best sound card is onboard sound.
The best Intel CPU is the fastest Core i7.

Stay away from creative. If you’re serious about trying to pin down the best sound card for what you’re wanting I’d suggest posting on the sound section @ guru3d.com as there’s a lot of knowledgeable people there that can help you figure out exactly what you should be getting as it’ll vary depending on your setup / primary use.

Onboard sound, although decent, does not out perform a dedicated sound card.

I had nothing but nightmares with my X-Fi card. I’ve ditched it and am sticking with the onboard Realtek audio. I don’t mind, since I simplified my PC speakers. Got rid of the 5.1 and all of it’s cables and parts and just got a pair of $20 speakers on Amazon.

“Obviate” was the iPhone correction for “onboard”, right? :)