Cyberpunk 2077 - All Unmarked Story Spoilers/Leaks Go Here

Some people are already getting the game and playing it (without the patch, which has not been compiled/launched yet). Apparently Best Buy is sending it out and the game is playable on consoles before official launch.
So better to have a dedicated thread to all the story spoiler talk, even if I suspect it will be empty for a while. I know I will only look here after I finish the game, so in about a month and a half. See you then!

I hear there is both cyber, and punk, in the game.

And yellow. Lots of yellow.

A pretty trustworthy source has informed me that the game has a fairly famous Hollywood type in it.

I also expect there to be copious hacking, and cars. And probably some gangs.

Wintermute’s an A.I.

Every time I open this thread to post a joke, I’m taking the risk of seeing a real spoiler posted. As are you for reading this.

We’re living on the cyber edge.

All right dudes, I’m ready for some honest-to-god spoilers here. You can’t expect me to go into a game of this scale totally blind right??

Jackie will die.

Maybe, if you mess up.

Oh no! Who’s Jackie?

cheers

Oh yeah, that’s one of your drinking buddies I keep seeing in the commercials. I definitely can’t lose that guy, I need all the drinking buddies I can get.

Dude, why are you posting Illusion game screenshots here?

I mean, if it’s gonna be that kinda party

Internet rando’s opinion #1:

This is a leak, but I’d argue that it’s more appropriate for the main thread, maybe in a details tag.

Once it’s released, let’s post gameplay impressions in the main thread.

Agreed, nonspoilerific impressions should go there. Glad to hear writing is good as expected.

I’m just wondering what the hell riffles are? Would it be a spoiler to know?

A riffle is a shallow landform in a flowing channel,[1] and it has specific topographic, sedimentary, and hydraulic indicators. These are almost always assessed at a very low discharge compared to the flow that fills the channel[2] (approximately 10–20%), and as a result the water moving over a riffle appears shallow and fast, with a wavy, disturbed water surface. The water’s surface over a riffle at low flow also has a much steeper slope than that over other in-channel landforms. Channel sections with a mean water surface slope of roughly 0.1 to 0.5% exhibit riffles, though they can occur in steeper or gentler sloping channels with coarser or finer bed materials, respectively. Except in the period after a flood (when fresh material is deposited on a riffle), the sediment on the riverbed in a riffle is usually much coarser than on that in any other in-channel landform.

Riffles have rrrrridges.