Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

This should solve the 1st vs. 3rd person perspective debate.

Soccer players viewing their position through VR goggles via a drone:

So how many seconds of latency did they introduce there?

On the other hand, I can’t imagine my FIFA/ProEvo days would be much fun if the games where in first person. Either way, even learning to walk takes a while, you just don’t remember.

Haven’t we had this discussion at the time of E3? My issue with 1st person is that even less people like dice rolling in 1st person and expect silly FPS movement and precision regardless of the best tone for the setting. But its still the best choice for sales of this particular game, so that’s that.

I actually don’t have a strong preference as I enjoy both, with maybe a slight lean into FPS.

Just wanted to post that gif as the goalie was working his ass off.

Cool gif, except that it really doesn’t map well to third person. It gives the view, but for true third person it would require the camera to be. Essentially, permanently attached about 5 feet behind their head.

This is more isometric with first person controls.

Way back in the 16-bit era there was an FPS football game. I-Soccer, or something like that.

I had missed these screenshots from past week

I hope I can drive a bulldozer and plow all the shanty town shit into a ditch and bury it. Clean up that city and give us a future worth looking forward to.

Well, I guess we know who’s toeing the corporate line.

Pardon my French, but this game looks f*cking sick.

How big are the art departments for these AAA games? The idea of generating that many assets makes me dizzy.

I wasn’t really fussed about the driving in this game… until I saw that futuristic Dodge Challenger! Now I know what I’ll be saving my cyber bucks for.

Ugh I am letting myself get a bit hyped for this which is almost certainly a mistake. But it looks so awesome.

Those screenshots have a conspicuous lack of giant augmented penis bulges.

That’s because they’re expecting the bulge to be in the viewer’s pants. Two bulges would be too many.

What about three bulges, total recall style??

It still concerns me that this game is releasing on current-gen consoles, because I don’t understand how the reality of what they are making will jive with, say, an Xbox One S running on an ancient Jaguar APU. And ultimately, I wonder how having to keep that baseline in mind will affect the final product.

Obviously cuts in things like resolution will go a certain distance to making it work, but it’s much harder to scale things like game logic and AI, which makes me fear that the final game will be a lot less dense and “lively” than we saw in that long narrated demo from last year.

So I’m left in this weird position where obviously I want to play the game right now, but I also kinda wish it had been confirmed as a next-gen console title, giving CDPR a much beefier baseline to work with.

I’m not sure how many are artists, but they said the other day that they have around 650 developers.

Yes this annoys me too. I wish they would just go “fuck it” and did only next gen, as was the case with Witcher 3 (when current gen was nextgen).

Yeah

"There were 953 employees at the company as of June 30, 2019, up from 887 at the end of 2018. CD Projekt Red accounts for 777 (up from 698), while GOG is down slightly, from 189 at the end of 2018 to 176 on June 30 of this year. "

My guess is around 700 are on Cyberpunk, almost all hands on deck.