Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

I am surprised how blind I am going into this game, maybe because i’ve skipped a lot of video reveals they put out. I so far know the game is a FPS and in the future.

Pretty much me too. I’ve avoided all of the hype train as much as I can.

RPG with FP view. :P

I apparently don’t even know what I bought, other than its the new game from CD Projekt.

Yep, I haven’t watched a single trailer since the one with the woman in the street getting shot in the eye I think? Its been a few years…

Also I gather a well known ACTOR is cameoing in the game. woah.
But otherwise, its sorta like the new Deus Ex games with cars, right?

;)

I’m actually only half joking there. Just going on faith here that they deliver a good game and its been amusing how the hype and just general anticipation in the gaming community has been so deafening!

What I’m sort of watching for is when the review embargo lifts. I mean…I don’t know when critics get their copies (or if they have already), but iirc, the review embargo for Witcher 3 lifted a week or so before the game came out, which remains a ballsy move. I wonder if they’ll do the same for C2077.

Well if they keep pushing the release date, it might wind up months before at this rate!

That’s all you need to know. :)

Oh man, @tomchick incoming with 1 Star.

This is one of the very rare games I’d actually want a poster for my game room wall.

Yep, from the last round of previews, where folks got to run 16-hours of playing the game, some of the previews emphasized this is very much an RPG not an Shooter. Some of them say they went several hours at a time without actually any combat.

I made you a poster @jpinard… 😬

I’m getting this game, but this is not really that much of an endorsement for me. I like my RPGs soaked in plasma fire, laser burns, cordite, blood, and broken teeeth.

Trailer reached 21M views.

Am I the only one who can’t believe this game will be like its shown? I mean, the game seems…insane by any standards by whats shown so far. Both graphics-wise and gameplay-wise.

I try to lower my expectations, but man - Elder Scrolls 6 aside, that is my most anticipated game, probably ever by now.

Now - DO SHADOWRUN NEXT!

The other day I saw a screenshot, from one of the trailers I believe, with a view of the city and the highway, where you could clearly see the jagged, low res shadow on said highway. I was like, ‘look, it’s a real game!’ :D

haha, nice! Thats’ good to hear :-D

Hahahahaha! That’s awesome! Excellenttttt.

It seems as though it plays similarly to a Deus Ex game… if you want to shoot up the place, you totally can.

Oh, I found it. It’s actually in the trailer I referred before, the latest one!

See that? it’s an artifact with the shadow system, it isn’t a shadow for any building in the background that is falling there, it’s the shadow of the rail guard, it doesn’t make to be that jagged.