Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

If you’re playing on PC you may be able to just import a pre-made save:

Did this game ever get fixed? I so desperately wanted to love it at some point but it practically went out of its way to upset me with how ineptly everything in it was implemented. Not expecting perfection but just being able to get through 2 story missions in a row without something breaking horribly would be great.

I fished it and I rarely finish games.

I played a mostly unbroken play through on the Xbox last year. I ran into one glitched mission that would consistently kill me out of the blue every time within a few minutes of loading any of my last few saves and I had to go back to a save from before I’d even started the mission. Lost a little over an hour of progress to reload a save that far back, and it was frustrating. But other than that I had no glitches of consequence.

Played through 3 times on Xbox. No major issues. This game is fantastic so give it a go!

Never registered this. Johnny you asshole.

HD reworked project is being worked on by the guy who did Witcher 3 HD, whose work was recently used in the new Witcher 3 upgrade.

Heh, over/under on how many more GB of install that will require?

So I’ve weirdly found that THIS game – for which I previously had all of 4 hours of play spent in, and that all captured in the first week of release – has finally captured my attention.

I think part of that is having a rig that won’t choke on Raytracing too badly, but also just finally getting around to seeing what’s been done to fix this thing in the last two (!) plus years. I’m still not sure totally on what’s been fixed, mostly because I can’t remember everything (other than quitting it out back in the day after two CTDs within a half hour) or really much of anything from when I first played it. But so, far, so good. And I’m not a shooter guy, usually, and only marginally a cyberpunk genre guy (and definitely not really a sci fi guy.)

I still haven’t beaten the game but I drop in for a week or two every few months and the fixes/improvements are really notable. I give CDProjekt a lot of credit for how they’ve handled the post-rollout problems.

I’ve also been pulled back in. The biggest annoyance I had originally was how content was served up to the player, through constant phone calls from people we had no relationship with. It was a mess that kind of garbled my motivation and broke the narrative somewhat. I think that was tweaked in one of the patches, or possibly I just grok what’s going on better now, but that annoyance was absent this playthough.

I do have a bunch of changes I would make, if my secret superpower were influencing Polish software developers. Maybe I’ll type em up. But really, this is a must play these days, just like W3.

W3 was always a must play.

The game works best (for me at least, and I’ve put in hundreds of hours so I must have found something good there) when I just think of the city as the core and my roaming and shooting through it as the main game loop. The story isn’t bad, and the missions/quests are a mixed bag ranging from good to meh, but if you don’t focus on them and just enjoy the environment and mechanics it’s a really engrossing ride.

Right there with you. Now if only it had a Bethesda-quality VR mod.

I think it does have a VR mod doesn’t it? I think I’ve tried it but can’t really remember it.

It’s quite poor by all accounts, basically a way to look around but not really play effectively.

Trig, based on your comment, and my exact same issues upon release I fired this back up this week. I’m very lost right now, but it seems playable and pretty as well. I was a bit blown away a few times at specific moments so far.

I spaz out in these early fights though since I have no idea what I’m doing. How do I stop people from using hacks on me in a fight? Or … I guess how do I know which ones they are so I can kill the damn things?

I’m not the fastest twitch player anymore so normal difficulty has given me a couple of deaths already. I’m sure that will ease up as I get more abilities/weapons/etc.

The curve is steep, steep, steep. Just limp through these early times and it will open up and you’ll become a monster all too soon.

I’m good with that. I don’t mind a meaty RPG experience as it rolls along.

I think you might need a perk or equipment to ID someone hacking you maybe? Then you can scan for them.

I think I remember having to overwhelm being set on fire with constant healing :)