Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

You can create your character, including making a female (there’s one among the 4+ protagonist styles shown in the video in fact, although it’s easy to miss). I have to think that means multiple voices, possibly more than 2. But who knows?

If there is one thing I don’t doubt CDP will execute well, it is the writing and character work. But obviously we are not gonna play Geralt here.

This.

Then again, it’s hard to have nuance or character development in a trailer. And since this is fully a player-created character (unlike Geralt in the Witcher games), he/she can have any “voice”, and I suppose most players will go with the “GTA-like” persona, which the trailer does accurately represent.

I wouldn’t mind the same voice actor doing the voice here though. I know a lot of people would probably not like it because it would remind them too much of Witcher but damn that guy has “gravitas.”

I’m happy with this reveal because most 3rd person shooters like Quantum Break or ME Andromeda that people call them good left me saying ‘meh’. I much prefer FPV for a game with firearms.
I actually didn’t care if the rest of time (not in combat) was third or first person. I actually thought it would be third person, after the three Witchers. But I dig the idea of exploring a huge, sprawling city full of detail in first person seamlessly, with no loading.

It can’t be fully player-created, though. It’s going to be pre-scripted, even if there are multiple actors, and multiple in-game characters with their own stories and lines (like GTA and Witcher 3 with Ciri). In Witcher there were many characters who you might want to play in-game (Triss, Emhyr, Roche) and many good ones that you wouldn’t (Dandelion, Dudu). But for Cyberpunk 2077 it seems like they gave the narration of a key trailer over to “corrupt Redanian officer #3”.

Too good to be true. How … I don’t believe it, but I don’t think anyone is lying.

Playing catchup with news today. A bit deflated about Cyberpunk 2077 being first-person. Combined with the theme/setting, it may end up being a bit too FPS for my liking. I can handle first-person as long as it’s not fast-paced, real-time action, so if there’s a way to pause or slow-down the combat it may work out. But I will have to watch this one closely now that it’s gone from a sure-thing to I just don’t know what. I mean, I can handle FO and ES games in first-person, so maybe?

I love Geralt and his english voice, but yeah I would not want to hear him here. Well, unless Ciri decides to travel here WITH Geralt and we meet him :p

Thanks for posting that. One of my biggest thoughts when watching the trailer was ‘vehicles’ closely followed by ‘vertical.’ It’s great to see that called out so prominently.

A heavy element of Cyberpunk 2077 is vertical exploration.

For now, there is mention of some ‘smart’ weapons, that the devs said they are a bit a concession for players like yourself, who don’t want super twitchy fps combat, and also a ‘cyber mod’ for slowmo. Given that we still don’t have any idea of how the game works, we don’t know if that needs energy or stuff like that to activate.

I haven’t sat through such a confident, explosive and complete demo of a game in years. I shit you negative.

I don’t understand why they didn’t just show everyone this stuff.

It happened also with the Witcher 3, the first E3 was only behind closed doors. And of course it happens with lots of other games.

In the end, it doesn’t matter a lot, in the two years until the game is released I suspect we are going to see several more trailers and gameplay footage.

That hotel sign with mixed latin/katakana characters (ホテル/hoteru=hotel, with ホ changed to the equivalent romaji ho) is so weird. I mean that in a good way.

Same, but as Turin mentions, they seem to like playing their cards close to the vest. Especially after that “graphical downgrade” stuff from The Witcher 3, it tells me there may be some game systems that haven’t come fully online under the hood yet and they want to make absolutely sure that the gameplay they show the public is gameplay that they’ll get.

Yeah, but only the idiots cared about that stuff, and I wager the loudest of those folks were the first to pony up for the game anyway.

I feel like I’m a kid in the 90s again, but some new screenshots are out and I’m excited again!

In hindsight, yeah. But when all that was going on, it stomped all over their planned marketing. So no, they’re going to do all they can to avoid a repeat.

Another point I would make: for us that is all silliness under the bridge from ages ago. For them it probably still stings.