Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Yeah. They were seriously depressed from that. But it was partially self inflicted - if their community Manager Marcin Momot didn’t post on forums in january 2015 that on PC it will be possible to recreate VGX/Sword of Destiny graphics, and simply said “the game changed a lot, so it will not be possible to match it 1:1”, lot of it could be avoided.

They’re talking to IGN right now on the stream.

FPS-RPG usually don’t work that well for me - players don’t like stats messing with their aim and movement, so we’ve got to constantly jump and run from cover to cover while pelting enemies with more ammo than a real human carries.
But it’s worth waiting and seeing, if nothing else, it’s way off into to future. Plenty of time to make a good trailer, too, it’s not like they’re actually meaningful at this point in development.

Long impressions to chew on:

Smart weapons are part of tabletop rpgs (Shadowrun for sure, not positive on Cyberpunk) . Iirc, the weapons have electronics that link to an interface implanted in your body that helps to adjust your aim to compensate for movement, range etc. in tabletop, I think it gave a + to hit. Here, it provides rationale for a bit of auto aim/assist.

John Linneman from digital foundry (guy who hated TW3 btw, yes I don’t get it either) tweeted about it:

https://twitter.com/dark1x/with_replies

Cyberpunk 2077 is legit. I can’t even imagine this being current gen. Like holy shit. It’s like Deus Ex + Crysis + Witcher at a scale and level of detail that I’ve never seen. It’s the kind of game I’ve dreamt of for ages. That was one hell of an hour.

Probably yeah. They may well be targeting those machines. I don’t know. It’s just that it has the detail of Mankind Divided (or more) but at 1000x the scale and size. This isn’t just another open world. It feels like a real city.

Ha ha, it’s not console strangled. There’s nothing like this on PC right now. Not even close.

Unlike that Watch Dogs E3 demo, there were plenty of technical hitches and flaws. You can tell it’s a legit, in development build. It was played on a PC. Slowdown, glitches and other minor things popped up but didn’t take away from the experience.

Those hitches and flaws are why they aren’t showing this to everyone at E3.

And why there is no public release, yeah.

Hayden Dingman has a reputation for being skeptical and difficult to impress. So just saying…

Woo next gen release.

That’s the least impressive accolade ever.

It still helps given my comments that this is their first attempt at FPS mechanics.

Well, now that I think of it, The Witcher 2 had more interesting melee combat than Skyrim. So yeah I guess this means nothing.

Yeah, Bethesda has never had good combat mechanics.

It’s always been fine from a roleplaying perspective, but never as an action have or shooter.

Mike is good people and incredibly business savvy. I’m glad he’s actively involved.

My hype level is maxxed for this one. It’s release date will probably be my next system build, too, as I’ll want to play it maxxed.

I feel like I did the first time I saw an ad for Baldur’s Gate.

very much on board for this one as well. i have complete faith in CDpR to pull this one off in a spectacularly interesting way.

eg has good interview

When the camera pulled back to show the car in third person, I thought of Grand Theft Auto. Is that a fair comparison for you?

Patrick Mills: It is a comparison that is, on the surface level, really looks like it. GTA 5 took place in California and our game takes place in California as well. You see it and there are similarities. But it’s not the same kind of game. We are an RPG. We’re a non-linear RPG with a character you control and you create. In terms of how we build quests, that’s distinctly us, and you’re going to get that. We would really want you to look more at Witcher 3 in terms of what you’re going to get from this.

Is Cyberpunk 2077 a purely single-player game?

Patrick Mills: Yes, it is.

So there’s no multiplayer whatsoever?

Patrick Mills: We have multiplayer in R&D, but the game we’re shipping to you, the game you’re going to buy is the single-player experience. That’s really what we’re concentrating on now, the single-player RPG experience. That’s what we want to nail down before we start looking at any of these other things.

So when you say you’ve got multiplayer in R&D, do you mean in relation to Cyberpunk 2077, or just generally at the studio?

Patrick Mills: In relation to Cyberpunk as well as just generally at the studio.

So maybe multiplayer will come post-launch?

Patrick Mills: Maybe, no promises. Nothing at launch. At launch we’re concentrating on the single-player game. That’s what we want to give you.

That sounds like a dev that know their public.

I hadn’t visited this thread in 24h. Wow, lots of posts piled up. I finally looked in here, and wasn’t expecting this wonderful news. First person perspective RPG? Heck yes! I love immersive sims. I was already looking forward to it because of the developer, but first person means I’m super psyched for it now.