Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

So many weirdos with weird opinions in this thread.

Are you not entertained? I am sold on being very interested now, though. Since we know something about the game part and all that.

I imagine being a cyborg detective must be depressing.

Imagine going to a hotel, and being able to see (thanks to your UV eyes) all body fluids that taint the walls in your room.

That’s no doubt why they went with Mike Thorton. To make it a bit edgy and different. Nah, who am I kidding?

I’m a little worried V is going to make me think of Order of the Stick constantly.

This is fun

Interesting point raised from that Gamertag Radio podcast.

For their console releases of Witcher 3, CDPR teamed up with Bandai-Namco and Warner Bros Games, I believe, depending on what part of the world you’re in.

For the console releases of Cyberpunk? That demo and the closed-door stuff probably means that CDPR is fixin’ to get PAID.

This is apparently in the demo, but I hadn’t seen it called out explicitly until this Ars writeup. Moreover, a couple of writeup had mentioned ricocheting bullets, but hadn’t given the context:

In one brutally impressive example of the C2077 difference—an answer-in-execution of why the Witcher team swapped to twitchier, first-person combat—V pulled up a heat-scan interface, saw a foe through a wall, and used her high-tech HUD to map the trajectory of her buckshot’s ricochet. Our demo’s host pulled the trigger, and our shot bounced perfectly off a corner and filled our foe with lead.

Some interesting tidbits here

I liked this Jason Schreier interview with Patrick Mills (who I just found out worked on Alpha Protocol) which goes a bit into the quest design. It also touches on the reasons for going with first person.

https://kotaku.com/how-cyberpunk-2077-quests-will-be-different-from-the-wi-1826837612

Edit: How do I get link preview to show?

From the comments:

Yeah, they talk about it toward the end of the interview. I’m paraphrasing, but Mills basically says there were aspects of the world and the experience of being in it that they thought were best conveyed in first-person, specifically the feeling of looking up and seeing huge skyscrapers towering above you.

Nitpick two: The year 2077 is too far away. How are we supposed to know how accurate this setting is?

They really should have kept this game under wraps for longer. It’s cruel to show off something this good and not give us the ability to play it in the near future.

Keep hearing hints that at Gamescom in August they may knuckle to pressure and at least show gameplay footage, if not necessarily a live demo.

CDPR revealed the specs for the system they were using during the closed demo.

High end, but off the shelf, by the looks of it. Nothing that makes you think similar results wouldn’t be achievable on mainstream rigs, given time to optimize.

Ati Radeon HD6950 1gb
Intel i5 2500k 3.3ghz quad core
8gb Ram
1080p monitor

😢

You have a GAMING motherboard at least, right?

My order from 2011.

Shit, I thought you were going to show us a preorder from Chips n’ Bits from 2011 for Cyberpunk 2077.

I learned my lesson with Duke Nukem Forever.