Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Hm…I disagree. There are things in the demo that are not in the final game, yes - wheelchair NPC, customized advertisments, third person cutscenes, one night stand in the apartment, wallrunning, jackie lifting up a car for cover - but most of this stuff (apart from wallrunning) is fairly cosmetic, and lack of third person just a design choice. The core of the demo - most of the gameplay, graphics, narrative - is kept in the final game (and looks graphically significantly better as well). The biggest thing that was dropped feature-wise is the wallrunning I think…they clearly just scripted that for the demo and when time came to actually implement the system for the whole city, they decided the opportunity cost was too big.

What was more fucked in the demo was Borys’s overblown hype narration, if anything. Too many big claims and then not enough time to make those a reality.

Some of the demo looks higher quality animation and models that are rendered in the launch title. Some parts look like pre rendered footage—like all of the Anthem trailer.

I think the worst part of the demo is indeed the narration, which pushed the demo far beyond what it was able to actually show. I’m not quite as charitable as @Paul_cze, maybe, but the demo was the least of their issues. It was the follow up and thee refusal to face reality publicly in the years between the demo and release that bit them in the ass IMO.

Can you specify which parts? I found none of it to look pre-rendered or fake, graphically. If anything the final game looks graphically better

Ya, I suspect if you were able to run with RT on, it may have been beyond what was available in 2018, which is just about when the RTX cards started getting released.

I’m not the following the news anymore of the game, but they still have not released any update in January, right? I guessed, wrongly, that would come sooner rather than later.

Same with the free dlc, I could swear TW3 dlc came just one or two weeks later after release, clearly it isn’t the case here. Then again, it’s clear this game’s development hasn’t been like TW3 development.

Yes, no update in January yet. Unless you count the release of the 1.0.6 Hotfix on Stadia.

Marcin said one update should come within next 10 days, so they have 5 days to go. Bigger one in february though.

DLCs have indeed been postponed. I bet they might even have some ready to go, but it would just be more bad PR to release DLC (even free) before more patches.

Not to mention that if they make big changes in the fixes/patches, that DLC could break.

From reddit’s /u/helloimbored11 comes this clever contribution

Just a heads up that my performance experience has worsened. Basically as soon as I finished up the intro story, that avg framerate dipped into the low 40s… I now have FPS going as low as 31 and up to 57, but usually lower than that.

Not sure why the intro story would be better optimized than the rest, but it definitely is disappointing.

You mean up until you do the first mission with Jackie? Or beyond that? If it’s just the origin story stuff, it might be because those are mostly on rails and they probably don’t have to load any of the wider areas or whatever because you can’t go anywhere.

It’s because you’re led by the nose on rails in a cordoned off subset of Night City.

I found sometimes NVidia DLSS gets turned off. If you’re using that, make sure it’s still on.

Seems a bit… light on fixes? Am I nuts?

It depends a bit on what is hidden under the “stability improvements”. But yes, it does not say anything about fixing either of the two most annoying tech issues (for me; all the glitches where the audio/graphics/input get stuck in an odd state, and the performance degradation over time). Nor does it address the most common mission breaking bug (the elevator miniboss in The Heist).

Makes one wonder about what those dramatic improvements they were supposedly seeing in the daily builds, and that made them think it could be released… If this is what they get done in a month (excluding the holidays), it seems a bit unlikely that they were really making huge amounts of progress everyu day.

That seems like a sustainable output from a team of software developers that isn’t being worked to the bone. Let’s hope that’s the case. I can wait longer for my videogame to get better.

Couple of quick observations on my PC.

1. Upon loading the game with the new patch I got the ‘can’t use my weapons’ glitch which was solved by interacting with a vendor. Once I did that I could draw my weapons as usual.

2. FPS got a boost on my end. On my 8700K with 2080 running at 1440p, the performance boost is impressive. Prior to this patch my machine would get frames in the upper 20s ~ low 30s in the meaty part of the city with RTX off, but now I’m getting 35+ with RTX on. I don’t know if this FPS increase is due to optimization magic or behind the scenes culling of graphical stuff for the last gen consoles. I bet Digital Foundry will do a video soon on what’s changed with this patch.

3. Car handling seems improved but I don’t know if that’s a fix or a placebo. They feel less slippery to me.

I don’t think car handling changed. At least, it didn’t feel any different to me.

Performance may have increased marginally for me. Hard to tell.

I was playing for about 10 minutes when my HUD got all weird (lower left corner) and two phone calls came in at the same time resulting in this monstrosity.

GG CDPR.