Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Fyi it breaks legendary save scumming and has game breaking progression bug with goro

Also kills almost all traffic and reduces draw distance noticeable on console

The new patch 1.1 has been disastrous for me on XSX. Not only has it not fixed the Epistrophy questline as the patch notes say it does, it has made it worse. Now, Delamain doesn’t call at all, the cabs are still unresponsive and selecting an Epistrophy sub quest breaks the GPS pathfinding for quests entirely unless I reload the game.

Why can’t CDPR seem to get their act together?

It’s kind of amazing that they put out a patch that everyone who reads the patch notes replies with:
“That’s it?”
And most of the people who play the game after it seem to respond with:
“You fucked it up even worse.”

In all seriousness, sorry you are having trouble with the patch.

I have not seen this on XSX (still looks great, plenty of traffic), but on the base consoles it may well be “as intended”. They don’t really have much breathing room for optimisation beyond downgrading and reducing ped and traffic density.

I finished the game earlier tonight. What a trip. Often game endings are a letdown, this, to me, wasn’t. I loved the philosophical implications of the choise of what person you are playing, and the choices you make. It broke the fourth wall in a deliciously subtle manner that tickled me just right.

I uninstalled, but look forward to revisiting in a month or 5, 6.

9/10 game for me. Guess I got lucky with the technical bugs, as I hardly saw any. Game was fast, slick, good looking on my decrepit old box.

The setting and world building were so right for me. I ding them perhaps a .1 point for every female ass looking perfect and sometimes unpractically sexy outfits. But to me it’s almost perfectly cyberpunk. For me, it lived up to the hype.

I enjoyed it immensely as well, though to me, it’s a 6/10 game that I happened to like a lot. I find the problems nearly crippling, and it’s hard to tell what’s a bug and what’s sloppy design, and what’s “we havd to cut it because we ran out of time.” It’s a hot mess, but one I’d hit on again.

I agree… Maybe 8/10 for me. Looking forward to playing again with the Enhanced Edition!

Yeah, 6/10 for me too. Game gave me this tonight:

A six out of ten? Ouch! That’s like a 7 on the 7-9 scale.

-Tom

Or a 6 on the 6 out of 6 scale!

It’s almost like you can see the seams remaining where they tore out every system that was more complex than what Witcher 3 had, probably for a combination of performance on consoles and quest-breaking bugs (which they still haven’t completely eliminated…)

However, the physical environment is so tawdrily beautiful and believable to me as a city and a setting for this story, (almost) all is forgiven.

Yeah, it’s a weird game all around. I am eager to jump back in when there is new stuff to do, or when they significantly fix/upgrade what’s there to make it worthwhile for another run… I did two full runs though and got my fill for now.

Mass Vulnerability QuickHack feels like cheating.

It’s the most eurojanky average game ever. Mediocre in all aspects except use of ray tracing.

It’s funny, because with the perspective time gives, since I finished it almost a month ago, I can say now the big problems of the game were not the bugs, or the performance, or the AI, or the city not being alive enough.
Not even the balance problems, my selective memory has clouded that part as if it wasn’t really that important. I guess it wasn’t.

What I remember as the main problem is the story. Some characters are wasted, others are not good enough, some plot hooks ended being underwhelming, I didn’t care for V or Johnny, or gave a damn for the chip. I don’t think they are going to ‘patch’ the story in the next updates right?

I imagine they might have more memory to work with if the game wasn’t full of vestigial gameplay systems from The Witcher that are utterly useless. I’m looking at you food and drink mechanic.

And there are SO MANY types of food and drink that all do the same thing.

It was pretty much that every food restored health and every drink restored stamina, right? I remember just picking random food out of my inventory.