Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

I assume they could only stop it if they had 51% of shares among them? Right now they don’t (they have 33%, another 11% is owned by some banks and 56% is free float), but I am curious.

The shareholders (including board members/management) could stop it, but board members and management couldn’t stop it in those capacities.

That along with other descriptions of the demo kind of reinforce the “seen all this before” vibe I got from the trailer.

Because we are swimming in cyberpunk games, especially triple A ones.

Ok. So right now they are somewhat vulnerable to hostile takeover, but if they bought back shares to reach 51%, they wouldn’t be.

Don’t know the specifics of Polish law on this (and it may be EU law that governs anyway) but I’d be very surprised if they could do that without having to make an offer for all of the shares

Was just about to post this. Damn, what an amazing series, I am due for a rewatch…

Oh and another trailer…

The dude kicking his car had me laughing heartily at my screen :) thank you for that.

I think more and more effort is being put into science that is producing more and more marginal returns when compared to a century ago. Most of the “easy” advances have already been made. A lot of it has to do with energy density, whether it is portable batteries or Intel CPUs. There’s only so much energy you can put into an object before the material blows up or stops working. In general, the risks and waste products of technology are getting worse with every passing year.

Oh look

Q:

Are there any signs of industry investors interested in taking over the company from the management board? I am asking in the context of changes in the statute, which were introduced some time ago, related to the possibility of defense against hostile takeover.

A:

I would not like to comment, but I can say that even if we assume that such signals would appear, we are not interested.

We have a clear long-term vision of development and we want to remain independent. I believe that this is one of the pillars of our success.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=pl&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://www.parkiet.com/Technologie-i-IT/307109979-Adam-Kicinski-z-CD-Projekt-Mamy-mnostwo-szczytow-do-zdobycia.html&xid=17259,1500004,15700021,15700124,15700149,15700168,15700186,15700191,15700201,15700208&usg=ALkJrhhKftQ9hK1VXWiY4c-VdVoZ3o5tvA

Interesting interview.

The original Cyberpunk 2020 setting, like the setting of The Witcher stories, was a complex critique of the author’s world, and we don’t shy away from that In our games. On the contrary! I think it’s one of the things that sets us apart. Of course, to us, mature doesn’t mean just sex and violence. We will try to engage you on multiple levels, not just the visceral, but also the intellectual. Cyberpunk is an inherently political genre and it’s an inherently political franchise.

Sounds good to me.

"Science fiction is based on the idea, ‘what if something changes?’ Dystopian fiction is based on the idea, ‘what if nothing changes?’ "

3pm CEST = 9am EDT.

Wonder if we get gameplay footage from this.

Maybe the behind closed doors thing they showed the press at E3!

Nah, no really.

Dystopian can be crazy scenarios, like one where humans are pets, and their owners are god-like powerful aliens.

To followers of almost all major religions, that is taken as how the world is.

Thats because Religion is a science-fiction subgenre.

Theres a “What if”… “God creature oversee us”.

Well, it has the structure, even if that was not intention.