Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

My only objection is that they called it The Witcher Adventure Game, which really is playing fast and loose with the terminology.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried Thronebreaker but it’s a card game with rpg tropes. Actually, I don’t know what it is as it’s all over the place genre wise. It does have good writing and world building but I hated it. :)

I’m really wanting an isometric rpg romp in the Witcher world with meaningful dialogue and consequences and good turned based tactical combat. Is it really too much top ask?

Well, if we can’t get it for Fallout, we probably won’t get it for The Witcher.

5 Years ago I’d say no chance. Since then:
Pillars of Eternity x 2
Pathfinder x 2
DOS
And many, many more iso RPG’s and turn based tactical games. They have even patched in Turn based modes to some of the above.

We’re even getting a new Baulders Gate. Safe to say they’re in a bit of a Renaissance? Enough to give me false hope anyways ;)

Related note:

I was going to dive back in this weekend as bugs are what mostly made me stop playing. Mods listed above made me go look and I was surprised at how many there are. Any suggestions? Ones you cant live without?

I’m pretty sure that the games you mentioned always were isometric TB. That’s entirely different from changing prior game.

Show me a franchise that has been first person or third person that has subsequently been made into an isometric game? I don’t think that has been very common, if it has happened at all.

Aside from things like Hitman Go or Tomb Raider Go which were tactics spin offs I believe, but never mainline replacements.

Gears Tatics?

You already have Gwent and thronebreaker spinoffs. Let’s not forget it started with novels. Add a new tv series and The Witcher is a becoming a well established world. How many Lord of the Rings games in different genres/types are there? How about Warhammer?

Warcraft became world of warcraft became some card game. :)

So I passed the ten-hour mark sometime this weekend.

I’ve had a very stable experience, even on a laptop that is a pretty good cry from top-of-the-line. Literally only seen a couple of small glitches, no crashing, nothing game-breaking. Nothing to “take me out” of the experience, at all. I’m having a great time with it. (Mostly playing on the laptop display itself, graphics set to high, but I did hook up to the living room TV for a while on Saturday, and did have to turn it down to medium on the 4K display.)

I have surprisingly few complaints.

Has CDPR said what’s next on the docket?

There’s the roadmap they shared, it was in this post:

We’re in the vague section of the roadmap now.

When/if it ever returns to the PS store, they should use this as the marketing quote.

So this is still like an early access title? When can I play the 1.0 version I wonder…

If you have a current-gen console or gaming PC it’s fine, it just isn’t what they promised. I would still stay far away on PS4/PS4 Pro/Xbone/XboneX as it can’t even keep stable at 30fps.

welp I still have my RX480 from 2017. That pretty much means it is still a no go.

But there are still the glitches and bugs that no graphics card can fixed. Are they still there?

Yes all there still. A couple fixed by the patch. Invisible objects, floating and unlootable objects are still everywhere. Broken mission scripting, fixed pathing for cars driving through concrete barriers are still there. Objects disappearing from hands/face or persisting are still there.

New patch is out.

Also, it seems CDPR is set on improving the game (to what extent is unknown, though):

I kind of want to see the alternate reality shitshow where the headline is “CD Projekt admits this is probably most of the money this turkey is gonna make, ends support for Cyberpunk 2077”

By all accounts Witcher 1 and 2 when they came out were pretty buggy, but they took a year to fix each game and then there would be an enhanced edition. One would have hoped Witcher 3 broke this mould but it seems to be the exception that proved the rule. I give it a year or two and wait for CP2077 enhanced edition to drop.