Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Having finished Witcher 3 for the 3rd time, I’m finding myself really, really wanting to buy this game today. Looked around first for sales, and then reviews, and the latter still seem very mixed. What does the Qt3 hive have to say?

It’s not worth more than half price. How much is it presently and for what platform do you plan on getting it for?

I bought it and played through it recently. I thought it was fine really. Not coming into it with any expectations, I found it easier to appreciate what it tried to do rather than what it didn’t. There were bugs and glitches aplenty. Nothing that was game breaking for me, just reminders it could probably have done with more development time.

I put in about 40 hours in on the Xbox Series X right after it came out and quite enjoyed my time in Night City.

I think a lot depends on your platform and how high your expectations are. My understanding is that it still plays pretty poorly on PS4 and Xbox One and I assume you’ll want a fairly beefy PC for it.

The game is more let down by what it could have been than what it is. It’s a bit of a tragedy.

It’s not nearly as great as the marketing hyped it to be but I still enjoyed it a lot.

It’s a strictly linear unambitious RPG with many bugs still.

I plan on playing it on PC. Sounds like snag it for $30 and don’t expect too much is the consensus here.

What’s your problem? I’m not bagging on it. I’m being realistic. Fuck you with your personal attacks on me.

To be fair, I’ve enjoyed quite a few linear unambitious RPGs in my lifetime. The bugs part is quite unfortunate but I think they got most of the bad ones.

It wasn’t a personal attack, but an observation. Dude, you love to rip on this game, to the point that it’s kind of hard not to notice. (Which is fine, btw! It probably deserves to be ripped on!)

That’s all. :) (I didn’t mean to give offense. I’m sorry it came out that way.)

Spot-on observation too.

You can expect a lot. It has an amazing atmosphere, sense of place, most of the quests are great as are characters, I loved the gunplay as well.

Just don’t expect GTA and its level of open world AI systems and you should be fine; it is closer to something like Bloodlines in its design.

You will also likely experience various cosmetic glitches, and be annoyed by unzooming minimap. But I would say it is definitely worth playing even now, it has good replayability (just like with TW3, I did not want it to end and look forward to second playthrough, bolstered by the upcoming updates and expansions).

I left off at the start of ACT 2, and am planning to return to it in 2022, with the promised free DLCs, updates, and patches! They are on the roadmap, there will be multiple!

I’d just wait until further patching and the free DLC are out. I’m certain you have some stuff in your backlog. I have the game but don’t plan on touching it for at least 6 months to a year. I’ve got plenty of other games in the meantime.

It feels like this game has stuff that can be patched into better shape (like bugs, especially story/quest bugs)…but also has issues that are fundamental to its structure which represent some questionable and outright poor design decisions that likely can’t ever be fully fixed to match the promise this game seemed to offer. Which is a bummer, but I’d say the core of the game probably is what it is now.

There’s stuff to enjoy in it, for sure. Come for the world and some fun and interesting quests, some good characters, and especially if you’re a fan of the genre and are willing to temper your expectations. But unfortunately, this does feel like a step down from what CDPR delivered with Witcher 3.

Definitely no Witcher 3, but on PC, despite the bugs, it was definitely an enjoyable single player campaign. Now that most bugs have hopefully been squashed I don’t hesitate to recommend it. Some good writing is in there and a great atmosphere and sense of place. You can buy a game key on cdkeys.com for $21 bucks, it’s a no brainer.

It’s a bit of a poster child for ray tracing so if you’re picking up a 3080 at some point, this would be a good title to test it with.

Yeah this was my take too. I played it once for about an hour, and in that time already encountered quite a few glitches. Nothing game-breaking, but enough to constantly kill the immersion. I’ll go back to it in another six months or so.

What I saw of it did look good though. I think I’ll really enjoy the game, in time.

I put over 150 hours into it. Flawed it is, but fun it also is, padawan.

Sorry for spazzing and over reacting.