Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

I’m willing to cut them some slack on the time table given that they were hacked and working from home. As long as they fix everything eventually, I’ll be curious to finally jump in. So hearing that they’re going to fix the mini-map zoom issue is very encouraging.

I wish they would stop publishing these updates with the fictional news drivel. Just post a straightforward patch update.

• Zoomed out minimap
  • Something about the Clouds quest?
  • Respecs?

It says they’ll be posting the real patchnotes soon. I find the in-world fiction stuff fun, but you’re right, they should be posted simultaneously.

Isn’t this something a modder hacked together with limited effectiveness on day 1?

Yes, yes it is. I was employing the highest form of humor, that which the great Greek philosopher-king Thales of Miletu, preeminent as the 7th Sophoi, the sage to sages, he named this thing sarkasmós.

Oh, they don’t have sarcasm in my language where I come from.

I expected nothing less. It’s fine and fitting that you were public schooled with the other peasants. Now begone, sirrah, I would enjoy my honey-wine in peace.

Plus, no more accidental gay sex conversation.

I chose correctly according to my preference but I will say the ensuing conversation, while not really explicit, was surprisingly intimate and while I wouldn’t have immediately started to vomit or anything, I would have been put out if I chose what would have been the wrong one for me.

Respecting player choice is important and this is worth fixing if people had trouble with it.

I guess it’s because I watched Dexter and first season of Agents fo Shield that I knew Angel to be a male name and Skye to be a female name.

Miles directly addressed the “why minimap took 8 months when modders do in 2 weeks” question on the stream. Basically, they could have fixed it the same way modders did, but it would lower performance on lastgen consoles, so they had to find a way to do that without that sideeffect and it took some doing.

Holy shit the patch notes on this…

Not a small patch. Probably still have tons of work to do, too. But still, this gives me some hope that while some central design decisions will be what they are, they can at least make those design decisions work somewhat as intended.

No point in copying pasting.

My assumption is that pretty much everything can be traced back to last gen consoles, from the problems to how long it’s taking to fix them.

Basically, they could have fixed it the same way modders did, but it would lower performance on lastgen consoles, so they had to find a way to do that without that sideeffect and it took some doing.

Wow. Has any game had this many issues trying to exist on both lastgen, currentgen and PC (with current gen coming “soon”). It’s genuinely going to be like 3 different games. Not even considering if they released at their original date, which would have made it PS4/XboxE and PC only.

The 1.3 patch delivers the following free DLCs

Uhhh… What?

Those are REALLY bad. Like…holy shit, did you just pay a modder to do these levels of bad.

Tons of bugfixes. The “DLCs” are a new outfit, car, and gun, not actual content.

But tons of bugfixes. Tons.

Yeah, I think I might jump back in now (or when it’s released anyway) as I doubt we’ll be seeing another big one for a while.

That’s what gives me some hope that they’ll at least make this game pretty stable down the line at some point.

I can see them de-coupling this game from last-gen if/when they roll out next gen versions. Easy to imagine them essentially orphaning the original release version at that point. That way they can finally get away from the stuff that Paul, Schmidt and Pharaoh noted a few posts up.

Hopefully they designed the car in a way that you can actually see over the dashboard in first person view. The fact that you can hardly see the road in fp while driving many of the vehicles is kinda mind boggling. What a weird oversight for a game set in an open city full of cars