Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Miles directly addressed the “why minimap took 8 months when modders do in 2 weeks” question on the stream. Basically, they could have fixed it the same way modders did, but it would lower performance on lastgen consoles, so they had to find a way to do that without that sideeffect and it took some doing.

Holy shit the patch notes on this…

Not a small patch. Probably still have tons of work to do, too. But still, this gives me some hope that while some central design decisions will be what they are, they can at least make those design decisions work somewhat as intended.

No point in copying pasting.

My assumption is that pretty much everything can be traced back to last gen consoles, from the problems to how long it’s taking to fix them.

Basically, they could have fixed it the same way modders did, but it would lower performance on lastgen consoles, so they had to find a way to do that without that sideeffect and it took some doing.

Wow. Has any game had this many issues trying to exist on both lastgen, currentgen and PC (with current gen coming “soon”). It’s genuinely going to be like 3 different games. Not even considering if they released at their original date, which would have made it PS4/XboxE and PC only.

The 1.3 patch delivers the following free DLCs

Uhhh… What?

Those are REALLY bad. Like…holy shit, did you just pay a modder to do these levels of bad.

Tons of bugfixes. The “DLCs” are a new outfit, car, and gun, not actual content.

But tons of bugfixes. Tons.

Yeah, I think I might jump back in now (or when it’s released anyway) as I doubt we’ll be seeing another big one for a while.

That’s what gives me some hope that they’ll at least make this game pretty stable down the line at some point.

I can see them de-coupling this game from last-gen if/when they roll out next gen versions. Easy to imagine them essentially orphaning the original release version at that point. That way they can finally get away from the stuff that Paul, Schmidt and Pharaoh noted a few posts up.

Hopefully they designed the car in a way that you can actually see over the dashboard in first person view. The fact that you can hardly see the road in fp while driving many of the vehicles is kinda mind boggling. What a weird oversight for a game set in an open city full of cars

I really wish that would happen, but from what Miles said, I think they feel obligated to “not leave anyone behind” and so lastgen base consoles will be dragging the game down for good, including the expansions. I really hate their decision to release it there instead of delaying the game further and making it nextgen only.

PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbone, Xbone X, PS5, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, Stadia, PC.
9 different SKUs, I do not envy the programmers and QA.

They individually modeled dozens of different vehicle interiors, they want you to look at them. If you want to actually drive go to third-person!

It’s crazy how much effort CDPR devoted to worldbuilding, how much art and content they created, without any systems to make it feel like a world.

It’s crazy it’s taken then 3/4 of a year to finally fix the minimap. Modders had that solved within days of release.

The modders couldn’t fix the map streaming rate which the minimap relied on and was why a significant chunk of the expanded (modded) minimap was blank or blinked.

• Fixed an issue that blocked double jump during holocalls.

Finally :)

$10 at Best Buy. Free shipping.

That’s pretty tempting. It can’t get much cheaper than that, since I do plan to play it at some point. Looks like the sale is today only.

Yeah I went for it at $10. Why not.

Is that the price for old consoles where it will run like ass then get abandoned?