Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Got my new PS5 and started a 2nd playthrough. 1st of all, what a difference 60 fps makes vs pro!! One huge annoying thing, however, which could be a bug, is that so far, Regina in Watson isn’t offering me any cars to buy. I’ve done nearly all of her gigs in Watson, I’m level 8 with level 16 street cred and she wont even sell me that shitty chevette.

E// I mis-remembered, apparently the fixers won’t offer cars until Act 2, post heist mission.

Someone check out the Drone Companion mod and see if it’s as much fun as it looks :)

https://youtu.be/nxgCZApw1nQ

Finally, the expansions and updates after 1.6 will be PC/nextgen only.

Teaser

They’ve finally added transmog! And plastic surgery at the ripperdocs.

CDPR also announced future plans to overhaul vehicular combat and the police system.

Which all sounds pretty great, to be honest…and also makes you wonder just how much they were hampered in the last 2, 2 1/2 years of the dev cycle trying to get things to run on last gen consoles instead of just eating that promise and going forward. (Which I guess from an investor standpoint, they had to do. But still.)

I am still looking forward to playing this at some point down the road. Looks like the longer I wait, the better the game gets!

New gigs and new weapons too.

Sir John Phallustiff will now have a new Iconic effect, increasing damage when hitting NPCs in the face. It will also have a chance to stun enemies with strong attacks. Gamepads will now be constantly vibrating while holding the weapon.

Haha.

• V won’t continuously fidget in Character Creation anymore.

This is I guess a small thing and maybe a low priority since it’s not ongoing, only an annoyance during character creation, but this always seemed like such a glaring mistake to me. Glad it’s fixed.

Sort of like the speed of light, no? If you wait long enough, the game will be so good that you will be unable to play it.

That’s deep, dude.

60 FPS option on Series S - nice!

Hope it still looks good. I played a bit of this a few weeks ago and the 30 FPS seemed fine, very smooth with no drops. Hoping resolution reduction doesn’t hurt visuals too much. I’m only playing on a 1080p TV, and it’s still a fantastic looking game.

Same here, been waiting on the DLC, looks like I still have a bit of a wait, but it looks worth it.

Same here as well. That $10 steelbook edition I got a long time ago just looks better and better the longer I wait.

It aims for 900p with dynamic scaling from 800p to 1080p. It will not be as sharp as the 30fps mode, but on 1080p TV it should be watchable.

And by the time you play it your 5070 will eat it up!

Ah man I’ve been waiting for 1.6 to start a new game. Not sure I can wait til next year for the DLC though!

Patch is 12.5GB and out now, btw.

They just released the mod tools.

Below you will find REDmod – a free DLC for Cyberpunk 2077 which adds integrated support for installing and loading mods into the game & provides an official modding tool that will help you use, modify and create your own experiences in the world of Cyberpunk 2077, including custom sounds, animations, scripts, and more. It will be continuously updated alongside game patches to ensure compatibility.

They’re calling it “free DLC” which may be the first time I’ve ever seen a studio refer to mod tools as “DLC” free or not.