Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

is there any way folks can use these tools to strip the main story out, and have you just be a generic, player-related mercenary, roaming Night City looking for trouble/work? Because that’s what I’d like more than anything.

Is it not possible to play Cyberpunk like a Bethesda game and just go do your own thing, ignoring the main plot?

yeah, mostly. I’d just like to make it official.

It’s possible, there is a good amount sidequest (gigs) to do. But not as much as a Bethesda game. edit: misread the conversation.

The mod DLC is basically a mod installer and separate game launcher that is mod aware, which is not installed by default. Choosing to enable the DLC is basically like opting into being able to break your own game, I guess.

The “REDmod” thing is a set of modding tools; think of it like what Bethesda has done for their games. It’s being integrated into Wolvenkit, which is an existing third-party toolset for mods. Keep in mind these are for CREATING mods (i.e. - breaking your game, lol); various mod managers will support the actual mods being put into games, such as Vortex or MO2. REDmod itself will also have the ability to load them in.

Wolvenkit is a free open-source download, as well.

I believe CDPR is making to his kit available now in part because they’re only doing the one expansion.

Edit - please note it may take a hot minute for mod managers to update

Ha, I got in on that sweet action too. Been chipping away at it. Just met Johnny Silverhand.

I’m assuming that Jackie dying is just part of the plot and that I couldn’t prevent it, right?

Yup. It’s quite well done too, but it took me two playthroughs to really appreciate it.

In any case, while I’d love to jump in now and finish my current campaign with the new changes, I think I’ll rather hold off for the DLCs and do a full playthrough once they release. If nothing else, gameplay is still top notch and that’s what really matters at the end of the day.

Omg you let him die? You monster!

Yes it’s unavoidable. Great character though and the relationship didn’t feel artificial.

I suspected as much. Does it make a difference what you have the fancy limo service do with his body?

There’s a phone call, a mission and a funeral to attend later if you return the body. Not sure what happens if you don’t.

Spoilers?

Ran into my first big bug (I think). On the mission “Walk the Line”, after killing a boss, I’ve hit a point where a minute or two after my most recent save, I flatline with no warning, for no reason. Dead, no choice, no matter what I do or don’t do.

Internet seems to think it’s because I fought that boss prior to an earlier mission objective instead of afterward, even though there’s no indication in the mission that I wasn’t supposed to engage the boss when I stumbled upon them through normal exploration.

So this sucks, I’m not sure I have a save prior to that boss fight that’s not way before that fight. Anyone else run into this and know of any other way to salvage my current save?

Kinda sorta. It’s possible, but unlike Bethesda the side missions, gigs, and hidden missions are generally one-off quick shots, and don’t really have enough internal plot to make them really compelling. As part of the larger tapestry they work, but there’s a lot less variety in the guts of them. That said I did them all and enjoyed the work, but you nailed it with comparing to the Fallouts, there’s a lot of writing and plotting in F4 side missions and areas that you won’t find in Cyberpunk.

Still an absolutely gorgeous game on a good system.

Fired it up last night to check out the additions. Great atmosphere. Just driving or walking around Night City with the radio on is cool as heck.

Yup. Did a couple and I was instantly reminded of how rote and stale most of them are. So bland and copy+paste, but unlike Skyrim’s generated missions, there aren’t dungeons or forts to explore in CP2077. They’re mostly set in one small building (a garage, a warehouse, a store, or apartment) and all the enemies can be taken out in a couple of minutes.

As my PC kind of chugs with this game I downloaded the trial on the PS5 and got to the part where I always have where I then give up. (First trial missing where you retrieve something for someone) Does the game just railroad you into main quests the entire time or does it eventually ease off? I’m 5 hours in and I feel like I’m just being led by my nose.

And I also feel like the looting and systems in the game are just too many and too abstract. I don’t even know what the heck I’m looting half the time. I can’t explain it, but I just feel totally disconnected from what happens in the game. I think I may just have to give up on this one, but maybe I just need to chug through the beginning?

I keep on hitting the wall on games lately and thought maybe THIS TIME would be when this game clicks with me. I think probably not sadly.

It opens up later. Like most open-world games, it talks big about a ticking clock and the urgency of the main story missions, but you can ignore it and just do whatever.

The issue is going to be that outside of that main story, the side missions, gigs, and jobs are really boring and feel very similar. Go here. Kill all the idiots in the area. Get thing. Usually done in a couple of minutes.

If hoovering up all the loot is a problem now, it’s going to continue to be a problem 40 hours in. There’s garbage all over the city to pick up.

starting over on this after bailing about a third through at launch.

Meh maybe I just have to just throw in the towel and say this isn’t for me then. It’s a bummer as I really loved the Witcher and this is so much of a departure from how that was done.

Don’t listen to Telefrog. Sidemissions are mostly fantastic. What he complains about are gigs, which are all optional. I enjoyed them as well because I enjoyed the gameplay and they focus on gameplay for the most part, plus the world is cool to be in.
The meaty sidemissions for the main characters, like Judy, River, Peralez and others, are must play. If you enjoyed Witcher 3 I don’t see how you would dislike those.
I hope you are using performance mode on PS5.

As for looting, I don’t know what issue you have. There are useful items, weapons, gear, mods, consumables, and junk stuff you don’t have to bother with. Like in any other RPG.